Milgard vs Anlin vs Atrium/Magic in SoCal

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
redc1c4

Milgard vs Anlin vs Atrium/Magic in SoCal

#1 Post by redc1c4 »

i've looked though the other posts, and didn't see anything that specifically addressed my question, which is: does anyone here have experience with these manufacturers, quality wise that could allow me to rank them?

we've gotten bids from a few different contractors, and everyone's come in at about the same price point, so now the tipping point is which one is the best bang for the buck..... i'd like to make a decision and get them in before summer *really* hits the SFV.

thanks in advance for your help.

Door&WindowPlus

Re: Milgard vs Anlin vs Atrium/Magic in SoCal

#2 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

I would rank them based on company and warranty this way:

1. Milgard
2. Anlin
3. Atrium
4. Magic

dutch

#3 Post by dutch »

As far as the Milgard, make sure that the quotes are for the TUSCANY. Do NOT even consider the "styleline" model!

Some people will say that Anlin is a better window. However, in this economic climate, it is important to know that Anlin is a small company with only ONE plant.

Door&WindowPlus

#4 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

dutch wrote:As far as the Milgard, make sure that the quotes are for the TUSCANY. Do NOT even consider the "styleline" model!

Some people will say that Anlin is a better window. However, in this economic climate, it is important to know that Anlin is a small company with only ONE plant.
Magic is a window that is made in Canada not the United States.

Windows(SouthernCA)

#5 Post by Windows(SouthernCA) »

I would look at Simonton and Amerimax. I would stay away from Atrium and Magic. Milgard Tuscany is a good window.

I rank them this way for Southern California:
1. Simonton
2. Amerimax
3. Milgard Tuscany
4. Anlin

These windows all have good features and benefits. Dealer prices vary greatly so get a few quotes before buying.