quantum 2 windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
szwilson

quantum 2 windows

#1 Post by szwilson »

I am new to the site but am very interested in questions & responses to purchasing replacement windows.

I am in the market to purchase windows. My home was built in the 1960"s & still has the original windows except for 2 windows installed at the time of an addition in the 70's. Needless to say I am long overdue.

I had a presentation on the quantum 2 window & am very impressed with the product. The efficiency aspects as well as the safety aspects draw me to making the purchase. I realize this is a superior product & you get what you pay for but it seems a bit pricey to me. I was originally looking to only replace the original windows (14) but was only given a price for 16 windows whick includes the 2 windows installed with the addition.

I was not able to get an actual cost per window but only the package deal which ends up being $16000. This is the first quote I have received & maybe it is right on, however I am just asking if $1000/window seems a bit steep even for this product.

I do have another company coming to give me an estimate this week & would like to know what my playing field is.

If an anyone has any personal experience with this situation I would really appreciate your imput.

Thanks

S

nywindows

Re: quantum 2 windows

#2 Post by nywindows »

depends on the state in which you live.

buddy110

#3 Post by buddy110 »

QII are manufactured in Pa. The company is owned by Serious Windows and is a Heat Mirror IGU. I personally love HM, but I'm rusty on the performace data and whether it's 66, 77, 88 etc. It's been a while :oops:

szwilson

#4 Post by szwilson »

I live in upstate NY. Winters are long & cold. This will be a major investment for me. I still have 8 years on my mortgage.
With the state of the economy I want to be able to afford my new windows.

I want the best windows I can afford. I guess what I could also use is some help in actually pricing windows. What is the best way to go about comparing products & prices?

s

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

There are better windows out there for far less than 1,000 per opening.

You need to expand your search considerably.

nywindows

#6 Post by nywindows »

i remember the quanum II when reublic made them.its not that great of a window.i cannot believe they are getting that much per opening. i would much rather prefer a gorell,sunrise,or okna.

buddy110

#7 Post by buddy110 »

nywindows wrote:i remember the quanum II when reublic made them.its not that great of a window.i cannot believe they are getting that much per opening. i would much rather prefer a gorell,sunrise,or okna.

QII wasn't made by Republic. It was a Kennsignton product. You're right though, it had it's problems

constructionlife

#8 Post by constructionlife »

Just to clear things up the Quantum2 window was NEVER made in the Republic plant they have ALways been made in the PA plant and are by far the best bang for the buck,,, IMHO

Now keep in mind each dealer in every state sets their own pricing and to comment on the cost without knowledge of the exact installation and type of window is not fair.

constructionlife

#9 Post by constructionlife »

Just to clear things up the Quantum2 window was NEVER made in the Republic plant they have ALways been made in the PA plant and are by far the best bang for the buck,,, IMHO

Now keep in mind each dealer in every state sets their own pricing and to comment on the cost without knowledge of the exact installation and type of window is not fair.

Skydawggy

#10 Post by Skydawggy »

Got the hiccups? :lol:

HomeSealed

#11 Post by HomeSealed »

Just to clear things up... that post is a year old. :o...............Further, $1000 per window and "bang for the buck" do not belong in the same sentence.

buddy110

#12 Post by buddy110 »

constructionlife wrote:Just to clear things up the Quantum2 window was NEVER made in the Republic plant they have ALways been made in the PA plant and are by far the best bang for the buck,,, IMHO

I'm a big heat mirror fan. I think it's one of the best IGU's made, bar none, but lets be honest here. The Kensington Q2 window was fraught with problems. Not HM issues but damn near everything else. Drifting top sashes, poor shoes, bad CF balances etc, etc. The new Serious redesign is not all the much different, with a pseudo, hybrid pocket sill. I wasn't impressed with it