certainteed bryn mawr II failure rate/consumer reports ratin

A place to talk about the Window Industry
nuclear bill

certainteed bryn mawr II failure rate/consumer reports ratin

#1 Post by nuclear bill »

HELP !!!!!! the certainteed rep says bryn mawr is rated #1 by consumer reports, but I am reading of high failure rates. I need 26 double hungs and 3 half rounds w/ full screens and dividers on the double hungs...
it's a huge project and i want to make an educated choice.. please also send replies to marcus-gatsby@comcast.net

HipKat

#2 Post by HipKat »

They are rated number one...for having high failure rates, durability isues, etc, like you said. it's the top of the list on the consumer reports sheet I carry that I got from consumer reports.org.

#3 Post by Guest »

Really Hip
I just got back from their web site and couldnt find any of this information. Help me out here and guide me to it.

HipKat

#4 Post by HipKat »

Strike that comment. Those were the musings of a man who had over indulged in Holloween cheer.....

gilligan 10

#5 Post by gilligan 10 »

:D
too much "candy" hipkat? nothing like a good sugar buzz.

HipKat

#6 Post by HipKat »

Oh, it was sweet, and there was a definite buzz alright.....

Re: certainteed bryn mawr II failure rate/consumer reports r

#7 Post by Guest »

nuclear bill wrote:HELP !!!!!! the certainteed rep says bryn mawr is rated #1 by consumer reports, but I am reading of high failure rates. I need 26 double hungs and 3 half rounds w/ full screens and dividers on the double hungs...
it's a huge project and i want to make an educated choice.. please also send replies to marcus-gatsby@comcast.net
now leaning toward gorell ---- better spacer...but is the weatherstrip single or double ????

JScott

#8 Post by JScott »

Consumer Reports only tested like how many windows? I don't remember if Schuco, Gorell, Milgard, Polybau or that window HipCat sells(Vista) was even tested. If they were then I believe all the windows they actually did test would be on their do not buy list.

HipKat

#9 Post by HipKat »

Consumer Reports only rates products that are available retail.

romr

#10 Post by romr »

So, who's #1 then? I'm still trying to find replacement windows. I have a question though. Is vinyl really the way to go? What about the new aluminum windows? They're all low e2, dual pane and the whole 9 yards but they're aluminum. What about super spacers? I kind of like that because that means I won't bother with the possibility of my vinyl ever yellowing. Does anyone out there know where I can buy a decent window in southern California? Man I'm dying here, HELP Please.