Any info on Crystal Windows and Door Systems Ltd

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
cosmo10

Any info on Crystal Windows and Door Systems Ltd

#1 Post by cosmo10 »

All,

Looking to replace my windows, total of 18 in all. One of the local window installers is selling the Archi-Tech 600 series of windows from Crystal Windows and Doors. The installer seems to have a good reputation, but I have no independent reviews or opinions of this manufacturer and specific window to go off of. If anyone has any experience as a contractor or customer with this company, please feel free to give me your honest opinion.

Thank you very much,
Cosmo

zago

Re: Any info on Crystal Windows and Door Systems Ltd

#2 Post by zago »

crystal is a low end window if its the company out of queens NY. ARE YOU IN NEW YORK,IS THAT WHY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THEM? THERE ARE MANY OTHER WINDOWS THAT ARE SO MUCH BETTER.

cosmo10

#3 Post by cosmo10 »

Zago,

I live in Maryland. I'm looking to replace my windows throughout my house. One contractor that came to give me an estimate gave me a quote of approx $610 per Crystal series 600 window. Since I'm a layman, and know very little about windows other then the basics (low-e coating, argon filled, welded frame etc), I have no inherent way of knowing if this manufacturer, or any other is very good, what there reputation is etc.

Two questions for you:
1) What makes Crystal a low grade window, and

2) In approximately the same price range, what would be considered to be the best combination of cost and quality. While we are at it, I got another quote on Gorrell, how do they stack up.

Thank you for your help,
Cosmo

zago

#4 Post by zago »

Gorell is a very good window;high end.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Simonton and Okna are also well regaded here. Almost always buy the mid level product offering, ie Simonton 5500.

windowmike

#6 Post by windowmike »

archi tech is a sashlite window 0.26 u value, solar ban 70 low E, krypton argon gas, foam filled, auto lock, 1/2" coil balance all standard. I prefer the full screen option because the half screen has a sharp leading edge which can dig into the mainframe although we usually just file it a little. Sashlite is a revolutionary design unlike typical igu the glass is glued to the sash legs. The one downside is that the glazing bead is on both interior and exterior of the sash. I like it. Your dealer is your serviceman. If you have a failed unit down the road you must replace the entire sash. Great performance numbers for a double pane window. I like Simonton Prism too their frame is strong but their sashes are outside glazed which makes a nicer inside look. The Prism dh with one inch double pane igu low e366 super spacer argon and the u value is only 0.30 Also Simonton sends their service team out when I have quality issues. hope this helps