Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Schuco Prices (we got 23 windows)
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:58 pm 

I live South of Boston, and just had 23 Schuco triple-pane windows put in. At first we ordered the double-pane at a cheaper price, but they talked us into triple -- actually I don't think they EVEN sell double. Anyway, we talked them down to 14.5K for 23 windows, which seems pretty good. And the windows are excellent. We live directly on the ocean, and it's amazing what these windows have done .... no wind, no noise, no cold air. Go for these if you can talk them down!!! Unfortunately, NE Sash is the only company authorized to do the installation, and customer service is an oxymoron to them. You will have to keep calling them ... but honestly, I think it was worth it for the quality of window.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:31 pm 

We sell double.....

Glad you like them!!

Post subject: schuco prices
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:09 am 
I know new england sash,they sold you triple and you may have double,for $650.00 a window when they sell triples for $850.00 plus.

Post subject: to mjs
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:05 am 

How would WE be able to tell the difference between triple and double pane? Can you tell by looking at them???

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:21 am 

Cin

Hold a lighter up to the glass... if you see three reflections of the flame it's triple, if you see two... it's double.

Post subject: How quiet are your new Schuco
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:12 pm 

Cin-cin.

I am thinking of buying new Schuco casement w/ triple glazing and krypton gas. One of my main concerns is noise reduction. I read in your post that your new windows are quiet. Care to elaborate.

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:28 pm 

The third pane is one of the biggest reasons for improved noise reduction. I've sold, and seen installed, Schuco windows on busy streets, and have witnessed the noise reduction for myself. They work remarkabley well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:33 pm 

Hip-Kat

Thanks for the reply

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:34 pm 

My pleasure...

Post subject: Re: How quiet are your new Schuco
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:06 pm 

bobby wrote:
Cin-cin.

I am thinking of buying new Schuco casement w/ triple glazing and krypton gas. One of my main concerns is noise reduction. I read in your post that your new windows are quiet. Care to elaborate.

Bobby

While triple will generally make it a little quieter, laminated insulated glass is the way to go if you really have a big time noise problem. Even using it only on the side where the noise is mainly coming from will help dramatically. Schuco, as well as companies like Gorell and Simonton have this glass as an option. It's main purpose is for hurricane protection, but is great for noise abatement too.

Post subject: Re: How quiet are your new Schuco
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:38 pm 

Sorry for hijacking this thread. But you can get laminated glass with Schuco windows?!? I did not know that was an option.

Window4U (IL) wrote:
bobby wrote:
Cin-cin.

Bobby

While triple will generally make it a little quieter, laminated insulated glass is the way to go if you really have a big time noise problem. Even using it only on the side where the noise is mainly coming from will help dramatically. Schuco, as well as companies like Gorell and Simonton have this glass as an option. It's main purpose is for hurricane protection, but is great for noise abatement too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:24 pm 

You read correctly. It is an option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:49 pm 

3/16" inch on the outboard pane is much better price performance wise then laminated glass. Milgard classic vinyl with 3/16" out, 1/8" inside gives an stc rating of 34. Laminated out with 1/8 annealed in (at almost double the price) only gives a 35-36 (barely noticable difference). Ask the mfg for their stc ratings across glass thicknesses! you can get a much better result that way.