Schuco Windows for New Home Construction

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
mikedd

Schuco Windows for New Home Construction

#1 Post by mikedd »

Have anyone installed Schuco windows with nailing fins in new home construction? How about Schuco windows without nailing fins in new home construction? I received a drawing of a cross section showing how nailing fins are attached to the window from Schuco-usa. Not sure if I could post it here. Looks like adding nailing fins would push the window out further from the house. Does using nailing fins cause Schuco window to stick out further than those without nailing fins? I was told that in-line sliders cannot have nailing fins. What about half round windows? Could nailing fins be added to half-round windows? If not then how would a fixed window (with nailing fins) that is mulled to half round window (without nailing fins) be attached to the house? I just want to make sure that using windows with nailing fins does not push the windows out too much causing problems for mulled windows without nailing fins to be attached to the house.
Since some of my window openings are larger than 22 sq ft, it would require double pane. Therefore, only a single low-e coating can be used. Is this correct? If so then would it be a good idea to have one low-e coating for both double and triple pane windows that are mulled toghether? But have rest of triple pane windows to have double low-e coating? I just want to make sure that I won't have tinting mismatch between mulled windows but think that it would not be noticable to have one window assembly (in one room) to have single low-e and the rest double low-e.
Lastly, is 1/4" clearance per side enough clearance to install Schuco windows to new home construction? Sorry for many questions and thanks to those who has patience and knowledge to answer.

mikedd

#2 Post by mikedd »

Good grief. Can't believe that no one here can answer my questions. I understand that this is a "wrong" forum for new home construction. But still, I want to use the best vinyl windows. I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Can't the dealer who you bought your windows from answer your questions?