Schuco question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
dballs

#16 Post by dballs »

FenEx,

Thank you very much for your help. I am going to contact my installation company again regarding the matter. I don't know if they are going to replace the bottom sashes b/c I pushed for that when they were first installed and they wanted to put a bead of silicone to fill the gap.

I just checked every window. 23 of the double hungs have the varied gap. 6 actually have enough water in them to drip from the weep holes when I raised them just now. I don't know if the remaining windows have water in them or not, just none that I can see for now, but that could be because of the prevailing wind direction of the recent rains blowing against my home.

I wonder if I should push for them to replace all 23 with the visible gap issue or just the 6 that have the water that I can currently see? I don't want to have future issues with them but also don't want to be unreasonable.
Last edited by dballs on Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FenEx

#17 Post by FenEx »

dballs

It's not a common occurance. Address the ones that are affected and taking moisture. If you have a problem getting them addressed by your dealer, send me an email and I'll make some calls. Schuco will stand behind this. Sleep easy tonight.

eberlovitz

ssssss

#18 Post by eberlovitz »

fenex is correct about the welds, the gap at the bottom of the dbl frames is more common then most manufacturers admit. if your unhappy ask the install co to go to bat for you and ask schucco for credit to install new product in your house and be done already if the install co does not help maybe you picked the wrong co.

dballs

#19 Post by dballs »

Fenex,

Thank you again for the help. I contacted my dealer and he ordered the replacements, no hassle at all.

While I was initially disappointed with the issue, the way the dealer (and Schuco) addressed this concern was excellent! It definitely is reassuring to know that they stand behind their product!

FenEx

#20 Post by FenEx »

You are welcome sir.. Good luck to you.

"To error is human... to 'fix it' is devine." Fenex

CerebrumChaCha

"To error is human...to 'FIX IT' is divine." Fene

#21 Post by CerebrumChaCha »

Hi! I am a newcomer to this board in search of an explanation or comments on a dilemma I am losing sleep over!
More than a half-year ago, I purchased 3 large Schuco windows and one sliding glass door. Completion time was to be within 6 weeks. After many contacts with the salesperson I finally find out that this person is no longer representing Schuco, but has moved on to a new manufacturer. My grief is that these windows were not ever completely installed and leak air worse than my heating system can mask the problem. There is no contact address available to deal with the installer on the incomplete installation issues. I have had dealings in my home months ago with the Schuco Regional Representative in my locality whom stated he would have a 'hands on' approach at the plant to ensure that all of the remake of defective parts (all three windows and the door) would be to perfection and ASAP. However, winter and cold temperatures have arrived. I have fears that the sliding glass door will freeze and shatter the glass. As it is, rain runs down the exterior of the door INTO the frame and water is like a steady stream onto my diningroom rug. There has been no quick resolve by the Regional Rep. to this and the many other issues. My first purchase of 9 Schuco's 3 years ago was pleasing with the highest of expectations and standards, but the recent Schuco purchase has me screaming, seeking an attorney and the BBB, and LOSING SLEEP--especially when it rains! HELP! The mentioned salesman is trying to pursuade me into pulling the Schuco's, seeking damages and reimbursement, and reordering for these four openings from his new manufacturer. Oh gosh, what a mess. INPUT PLEASE! :shock: [/b]

HipKat

#22 Post by HipKat »

Where do you live??
Which dealer did you go through?

CerebrumChaCha

#23 Post by CerebrumChaCha »

[quote="HipKat"]Where do you live??
Which dealer did you go through?[/quote]

Thank you for responding to my post. :)
My policy is to not give personal information about anyone over the internet whether they be friend or foe. I will tell you, however, my location is slightly south of your location. :roll:
If you don't mind, I would appreciate any of your general suggestions as to the remedy of the described situation.
Thanks again, in advance.
Oh, by the way, it has rained all night here and continues to rain, and is expected to rain all week. The bath towel on a garbage bag on the diningroom rug is saturated due to the leaky ledge of the frame near the glass (not in the track leakage).
Oh gosh, what a mess. :( :cry: :x We are to have 20 degree temperatures at night later in the week. Do you think I should go to Lowe's for a cheapy door, take out the Schuco and install on my own to get me through til Spring or let the dang thing freeze up and deal with the pending lawsuit toward the salesman, the installer and Schuco?
HELP! :shock:

HipKat

#24 Post by HipKat »

That means you're dealing with either FJB or NES. I worked for FJB and find it real hard to believe they would let something like that go. If I were you, with all the rain we have coming, I would do whatever it takes to seal that opening, and if you DO end up in litigation, add that cost to your suit.

CerebrumChaCha

#25 Post by CerebrumChaCha »

[quote="HipKat"]That means you're dealing with either FJB or NES. I worked for FJB and find it real hard to believe they would let something like that go. If I were you, with all the rain we have coming, I would do whatever it takes to seal that opening, and if you DO end up in litigation, add that cost to your suit.[/quote][size=18][/size]

Actually, I am not aware of FJB or NES. The installers of my first happy purchase of the 9 Schuco's was from the Uniontown area and they lost their business due to fire. This second nightmare purchase was from, I believe, the same salesperson but with an installer that he pulled from who knows where.
Your suggestion to seal up the opening is just about what I believe to be my only option at this late point, but don't you think Schuco will lie their way out of this saying I possibly broke a seal when trying to replace the door? How I pray a Schuco BIG SHOT would simply give me a call saying a new door is being delivered today with the best qualified out of the company's record of salemen's installers to make right all of these undue hardship issues. I really want and need a decent night's sleep.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#26 Post by Window4U (IL) »

It's pretty obvious the right people have not been contacted.
As a Schuco dealer, I would be more than happy to help you out with getting you in contact with someone who will resolve this issue in a hurry for you.
You have either a factory defect, or more likely an installer who screwed up the putting together of the knockdown frame or did something wrong during the installation like covering up the weep system for drainage. I know that door well and can't imagine how it could ever leak if installed properly.

If you'd like my help, my email is: window4u@insightbb.com

HipKat

#27 Post by HipKat »

I misunderstood. When you said just south of me, I thought you meant JUST south of me.

W4U is the man. He'll take care of you.

CerebrumChaCha

#28 Post by CerebrumChaCha »

[quote="HipKat"]I misunderstood. When you said just south of me, I thought you meant JUST south of me.

W4U is the man. He'll take care of you.[/quote]

Yes, INDEED!
The MAN must have miraculously broad shoulders! :wink: :)

Thank you, each one of you, whom have responded to my posts. :D

CerebrumChaCha

Dealer Keel

#29 Post by CerebrumChaCha »

[quote="CerebrumChaCha"][quote="HipKat"]I misunderstood. When you said just south of me, I thought you meant JUST south of me.

Yes, INDEED!

Thank you, each one of you, whom have responded to my posts. :D[/quote]

Might you know if W4U is yet one more SCHUCO Dealer Keeled Over? :( He used to respond to my e-mails quickly, but now when I need help locating a happy Dealer in the eastern PA, he is no where to be found.
If you or anyone has information about either of my questions, please let me know on this board or e-mail to CerebrumChaCha@aol.com.
Not even the expert that was flown in last week from CT to my situation has returned by phone call any information as to whom I can get to reinstall the SCHUCO's I purchased May 2005.
I AM FREEZING and cannot easily pay my yearly increase of at least 24% energy usage (just for electric, no estimation of increased fuel usage yet determined) since the first shoddy installation of this near $10,000 poor quality product purchase. :x

CerebrumChaCha

Re: Dealer Keel

#30 Post by CerebrumChaCha »

[quote="CerebrumChaCha"][quote="CerebrumChaCha"][quote="HipKat"]I misunderstood. When you said just south of me, I thought you meant JUST south of me.

Yes, INDEED!

Thank you, each one of you, whom have responded to my posts. :D[/quote]

Might you know if W4U is yet one more SCHUCO Dealer Keeled Over? :( He used to respond to my e-mails quickly, but now when I need help locating a happy Dealer in the eastern PA, he is no where to be found.
If you or anyone has information about either of my questions, please let me know on this board or e-mail to CerebrumChaCha@aol.com.
Not even the expert that was flown in last week from CT to my situation has returned by phone call any information as to whom I can get to reinstall the SCHUCO's I purchased May 2005.
I AM FREEZING and cannot easily pay my yearly increase of at least 24% energy usage (just for electric, no estimation of increased fuel usage yet determined) since the first shoddy installation of this near $10,000 poor quality product purchase. :x

ooooopppps.............I meant to say: a happy Dealer in WESTERN PA.