HELP!!! Thermal Industries or Sunrise

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
rob123

HELP!!! Thermal Industries or Sunrise

#1 Post by rob123 »

I've been reading this board for a few weeks and am very impressed with the knowledge of the people who respond. Now . . . . I would really appreciate an expert response. I need to make a decision between the following two brands right away:

Thermal Industries DH 530 or Sunrise (basic line). Both windows are double hung, double panes, and both qualify for the tax credit. I'm most concerned with energy cost savings and minimizing glass loss around my current windows. I have quotes for each of these brands, which are only a few hundred dollars apart. I live in the Lansing, Michigan area.

I tried posting last week, but only got one response, which suggested I include additional information. I've tried to include more info, but am not sure what else to include.

I want to make the decision this week. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Delaware Mike

Re: HELP!!! Thermal Industries or Sunrise

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

If one of your major concerns is maximizing glass area with replacement windows, I would think that Sunrise would be a real good choice? It's been a few years since I've seen some of the Thermal Industries models. From what I remember, they are pretty basic looking. Sunrise has a very narrow sash size of the actual extrusion, thus more glass. Their sill is very low profile so again, more glass. Sunrise has a ton of options for their products and the best customer support of all the manufacturers that I've delt with.

NEXT door and window

Re: HELP!!! Thermal Industries or Sunrise

#3 Post by NEXT door and window »

They are basically the same unit, but if I personally had to choose, I would go with the Sunrise Essentials. I think that the Sunrise Essentials has a better seal when the unit is locked.