Gorell Showcase House

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
cazzy

Gorell Showcase House

#1 Post by cazzy »

Great site. I was visited by a Gorell rep this evening saying they were looking for 5 houses in my neighborhood to offer 50% off their new Thermal Safe windows for showcasing to potential clients before they start advertising this new brand. They were pushing me to sign but I didn't, saying I wanted to research. Anyway, the bottom line is this:

I have 28 Anderson wooden windows...roll out type...30 years old in pretty good condition. First question. Is each roll out considered one window or since there are two windows to each opening or two roll outs per opening is that considered two windows?

As to the price. They offered these windows installed for $6800.00. I didn't know what questions to ask (althought I do now after reading this site) but I do remember they are Low E, argon filled, all vinyl, double-hung. Most of the openings are about 36 inch by 36 inch (two roll outs). However, 10 of the windows are roughly 20 by 60 inch. Also, the price included one Gorell sliding door to replace my old aluminum slider.

Sounds like a good price. Location is in East Tennessee.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Gorell Showcase House

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

cazzy wrote:
Is each roll out considered one window or since there are two windows to each opening or two roll outs per opening is that considered two windows?
If you are replacing 2 stacked awning windows with one doublehung, then that is counted as one window. Does that affect your window count?

The "5 homes in the neighborhood deal" is an old tin man gimmick. It is used in advertising as a way to get you to call them, and in a sales pitch to get you to buy.

cazzy

Good question.

#3 Post by cazzy »

I need to find out more and get back to you. Thanks.