Gorell Window Help!!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
cazzy

Gorell Window Help!!

#1 Post by cazzy »

I posted this the other night. I have some additional information.

I was visited by a Gorell rep this evening saying they were looking for 5 houses in my neighborhood to offer 50% off their new vinyl windows (they said they were an upgrade on the 5300 series) for showcasing to potential clients before they start advertising this new brand. They were pushing me to sign but I didn't, saying I wanted to research. Anyway, the bottom line is this:

I will need the following approximately sized:

12- 36x36
1- 46x62
3- 40x62

The Gorell salesman is offering double-pane, double hung, LowE argon filled, PPG warm- edge intercept spacer, welded frames. The outside would be capped with vinyl coated aluminum. The price installed for these 16 windows is $6000.00 with a 50 year warranty. Is this a good price and are these quality windows?

Sounds like a good price. Location is in East Tennessee.

HipKat

#2 Post by HipKat »

It's a good price for decent windows.

cazzy

Thanks.

#3 Post by cazzy »

Thanks HipKat.

HipKat

#4 Post by HipKat »

The pitch about the "showcase house" thing is still a bunch of B.S., but overall, that is a good price for Gorell's. Keep in mind, Gorell is like a Ford Taurus of windows; looks good, get's the job done, but sho' ain't no Caprice Classic!

WindDoze

#5 Post by WindDoze »

I agree...the price sounds pretty good but don't let the guy's "model house discount" push you into the deal. Check out the company with your local BBB, ask for references etc. and once you feel comfortable go for it. I guarantee you he'll write the deal when you are ready whether its today, next week or next month!

pinnenergy

#6 Post by pinnenergy »

This is a great price for a Gorell window. The MODEL HOME pitch is illegal and that is what gives this industry a bad name. There is no upgrade to the 5300 series window. If they use aluminum capping they are cutting corners. They are probably using the 5100 series for that price. Be wary of what you purchase!

FenEx

#7 Post by FenEx »

UUGGG... Pinnenergy, do you really believe what you are posting??? Aluminum capping of exterior trim is cutting corners? There are plenty of upgrades to the Gorell 5300... they are just not made by Gorell. Oh... and the "Model Home Pitch" may be unethical... but it's not illegal. I can tell already that we will get along great... you caught me in a good mood today.

pinnenergy

Model Home

#8 Post by pinnenergy »

The "Model Home Pitch" is highly unethical, but is also illegal in some states. You can check that out by logging on to certain state websites disclosing their laws and statutes online. Sorry I caught you in a bad mood, but why so abrasive?