how do i go about finding windows in southern california.

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
jello

how do i go about finding windows in southern california.

#1 Post by jello »

I am used to googling, and finding answers...but windows are a different animal.

I was thinking of talking to Windoworld (because of their low price) but after reading on the board for a spell, I know better. I bought my first home, and the 30 year old aluminum windows are making me mad. I think i can hear the crickets through these things. Standing in front of them you can feel the air pressure difference.

I live north of LA..about 45 mins away from Santa Barbara. My home is 3 miles from the beach. I will gradually replace the windows,starting with the first 2 facing the street from the bedrooms.

My home was built in 78. I can tell from the gaps of the existing window and the stucco...I don't think there is any insulation. Should I get the construction windows? Or just go w/ the replacement windows.

what brands can i get in california? I like the look of the oknas, but where can I go to see the different windows?

THANX from a newbie.

jeff1995

Re: how do i go about finding windows in southern california.

#2 Post by jeff1995 »

Hello I am in the Los Angeles area and do not service you part of CA. Please search

Vinyl Superior, Milgard, Simonton, Amerimax No preference / order

Clad Superior, Marvin, Weathershield

All these companies make great products, just remember to use a GOOD installer. You get what you pay for.

JEFF

jello

#3 Post by jello »

Thank you for your help. I am not to far north... I live in Oxnard.

americanmade

#4 Post by americanmade »

Ask neighbors and friends for recommendations for installtion professionals.