Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thermo-Tite fails to repair manufacturing defects
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:04 pm 

Contacted the stated company Thermo-Tite regarding the windows which were installed about 4 years ago and advised them that some of the window parts are rusted, the female stated they would have to send someone over and charge me a fee of $ 108.00, I told her that is unacceptable to be charged a fee when this is apparently a manufacturers defect.

She then stated this is the first time she ever heard of this type of complaint and that there is one a 1 year warranty , even when the flyer states \" The Thermo - Tite warranty covers normal wear on the frame and all parts for a lifetime including installation. We even warranty the glass and the insulating air pocket between the double-glass panes for twenty years.\"

On another part of the flyer it states \" And there\'s nothing to maintain them.Thermo - Tite windows are Maintenance Free! They will not pit,rust or wear out. Get rid of your paint brush,caulking,putty,rags and clear-plastic insulation. You will never need them again.\"
So I would not recommend this company to anyone who is considering new windows, I also decided to make an official BBB & Consumer Affairs complaint, even if nothing gets done, at least someone will know about this incident and as to how they treat their customers.

Post subject: Re: Thermo-Tite fails to repair manufacturing defects
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:56 pm 

I made a comment but after re-reading your post I realized it did not apply. ......never mind :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:32 pm 

Are you sure you have the window they are referring to in the flyer? Most companies make a range of windows of varying quality and they don't all have the same warranty. Please be sure before trying to besmirch someone's reputation.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm 

Does their warranty cover parts only or parts and labor?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:43 pm 

It's not unusual for a company to charge a service call to fix a manufacturing defect. They didn't build the window so why should they service it for free?