Jen Weld Double Hung v. XACT 1650 Double Hung

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
newwindowshopper

Jen Weld Double Hung v. XACT 1650 Double Hung

#1 Post by newwindowshopper »

Hi All - I am comparing some quotes that I've received for vinyl replacement windows. The two different brands of windows are Jen Weld and XACT - can anyone provided your comments on the pros/cons of each type of window? I've also recived a quote for silverline windows as well if anyone has information on those (this is a much more expensive quote). Thanks in advance for you help.

jeff1995

Re: Jen Weld Double Hung v. XACT 1650 Double Hung

#2 Post by jeff1995 »

I would let the board members know what part of the country you are in for a more focused answer to your question. Good Luck

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Window options can be somewhat regionally effected. That being said, I hope there are some better options for your area.

newwindowshopper

#4 Post by newwindowshopper »

Hi All - I am in the Northern Virginia area just outside of DC. Any thoughts or other recommendations would be very helpful.

Thanks.

newwindowshopper

#5 Post by newwindowshopper »

I should add that we are looking to replace 18 windows with vinyl and would like to keep the total job to about $8k.

Jenna

#6 Post by Jenna »

The Xact series 1650 Double hung (manufactured by MI Windows and Doors) is a vinyl insulated product that offers vinyl colors in both White and Almond and also has optional laminate wood-grains too. The product is Energy Tax Credit qualified and offers a wide array of other options including custom grilles, triple pane glass, foam enhanced frame, argon filled panels, tinted glass, and screens. They also offer accessory windows to match such as the casement, basement, awning, and specialty shaped windows as well.

To find out more, you should go to http://www.miwd.com. I highly recommend this product.

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

I wouldn't highly recommend the 1650. I think that is safe to say that anyone that does, isn't versed in the better mid to upper grade vinyl products that are available today. With that being said, I do like the 1650 better than anything that Silverline produces, even the 9500. I don't come across Jen Weld's vinyl in my area.

Given your budget, I think that a price of $8K is not going to allow you to jump into that many other options quality wise.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#8 Post by Window4U (IL) »

There is a poster here named 'Windows on Washington' that is in your area you should talk to for great prices and quality products. If you find one of his posts and click the 'contact' button you will be put in contact with him.