Armaclad Windows - Encore Series

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
mmerri01

Armaclad Windows - Encore Series

#1 Post by mmerri01 »

Does anyone out there know of this manufacturer (Armaclad) and model (Encore Series)? I have a guy coming out to measure tomorrow. I checked out the company and they are BBB A+ rated but I wondered if anyone has any experience with this window.

Also what do you think about "Constant Force" vs. Block & Tackle" system. The window company I chose uses "Constant Force".
Any thoughts on this company, window model and balance system?...

thermex

Re: Armaclad Windows - Encore Series

#2 Post by thermex »

both are good. block and tackle is used on all the high end wood windows such as Marvin,Anderson,and Pella. some window salesman who push constant force mislead the homeowner by saying block and tackle is a "string"..thats utter nonsense;its a cord (composite material),same type of material mountain climbers use..it will never tear. block and tackle is a very smooth and durable balance system. but more expensive for a manufacturer to carry. thats basically why alot of replacement companies use constant force although they still work fine.

mmerri01

#3 Post by mmerri01 »

What about the manufacturer "Armaclad" and the "Encore" series windows? Have you heard about these before?

modernedge

#4 Post by modernedge »

I have a guy trying to get me to carry these windows. From what I understand, it is owned by a previous co-owner of the Republic Windows and Doors. I know they use the same extrusions as the bankrupt Republic, and I really hope they are not the same window because Republics were about as cheap as they get.

axeman

#5 Post by axeman »

I've seen the extrusions and window design and it appears not to be the same as the old Republic product. The 2 part sill is much stronger.

modernedge

#6 Post by modernedge »

good to hear axeman. I do know directly from one of their reps that one of the window lines is the old Republic "Classic III", which was their high end window.
Axeman what do you think of the Armaclad windows, I still haven't had a hands on with them yet.

thewizard

#7 Post by thewizard »

Encore is there better window line with reinforced frames that allow for logevity. available in multiple glass options. arma clad started in 1874 and have a long history of manufacturing in the USA. not a bad choice for a window purchase, expecially if you live in a colder region. the reinforced frame and great insulated glass options with help alot with your heating costs.

modernedge

#8 Post by modernedge »

thewizard wrote:Encore is there better window line with reinforced frames that allow for logevity. available in multiple glass options. arma clad started in 1874 and have a long history of manufacturing in the USA. not a bad choice for a window purchase, expecially if you live in a colder region. the reinforced frame and great insulated glass options with help alot with your heating costs.

Thanks wizard for the input, kinda sounds like it was copied directly from an ArmaClad brochure or written by an employee. We have started looking into working with them somewhat.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#9 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I wouldn't sell it or buy it.
It's got a sill design that directs water to the inside of the sill extrusion where water, mold, bugs, and dirt can collect. I want rainwater hitting a window to fall off a true sloped sill.