Xact Windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Jenna

Re: Xact Windows

#16 Post by Jenna »

The Xact series 1650 Double hung (manufactured by MI Windows and Doors) is a vinyl insulated product that offers vinyl colors in both White and Almond and also has optional laminate wood-grains too. The product is Energy Tax Credit qualified and offers a wide array of other options including custom grilles, triple pane glass, foam enhanced frame, argon filled panels, tinted glass, and screens. They also offer accessory windows to match such as the casement, basement, awning, and specialty shaped windows as well.

To find out more, you should go to http://www.miwd.com. I highly recommend this product.

Integra

Re: Xact Windows

#17 Post by Integra »

I've been selling and installing windows for nearly 30 years. I got a great deal on some 1650s that I ordered for my own house. HUGE mistake. They leak air like crazy. It's not installation. I installed them myself and sealed, shimmed, and did everything by the book. The leak is coming from around the sashes and frames. The rooms that they were installed in are colder than they were before.

MI's response?

-Tough luck.

You get what you pay for. When I get money together, those are going to the dump and I'm installing OKNAs.