Schuco Pricing from New England Sash

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rejackson73

Schuco Pricing from New England Sash

#1 Post by rejackson73 »

Hey all,

New to the post, and so far it has been enlightening. I am looking for some quick advice...had a guy from New England Sash in my house for 2.5 hours tonight, and here's the skinny...

17 DH windows, white, 6/6, half screen, including one garden window and a sliding door. Initial total was 34k...I almost @#$ myself! After much much time it came down to this...

5400 for the garden window and the sliding door, but I have to sign up this weekend.
No obligation I can get the other 16 windows done for roughly 16k, IF I agree for a commercial deal (sign in the yard for 30 days, pics of the house before and after, testimony, blah blah blah). About 1k/window which seems slightly high for Schuco but somewhat reasonable. I'm a little concerned that the price came down so far, and I've also seen some questionable posts about new england sash. C

Can anybody offer this kid some advice?

Thanks,
Rob (Hopedale, MA)

schuco pricing

#2 Post by Guest »

New England sash has a bad rep.The windows are 1 of the best, but way to much money.Just be careful.
www.mjswindow.com
p.s there installers are, well you just have to watch them.

ShucoFan

#3 Post by ShucoFan »

Rob,

That price is very high. You should be able to get that window for about $600-$700 installed.

Heres the problem. You are living in a large real estate bubble up in Boston...and the contractors know it. Thus they feel they can get whatever they want for jobs. I would just tell them that you know whats fair for Shuco after hearing about it on the Internet and that you won't deal with this price gouging.

I could see $750 a window....MAYBE....but that is pushing it!

Unfortunately that is the way things are up in Boston.....you can keep at 'em and let us know how you make out.

HipKat

#4 Post by HipKat »

5400 for the garden Window and the sliding glass door may not be So bad. I priced a Schuco garden window for my brother, a small one, and it was about 6000.00 at MY cost. The door, if it's a triple pane would be pretty expensive as heck too, especially if it's a new construction door, as in the opening has to be made. However, you CAN get that in a double pane, Krypton filled, which he may not have showed you.

As for the remainder, you're talking 28,600.00 for 15 more windows?? NO!!!

15 double hung windows, Schuco's. Depending on size as a variant still shouldn't cost more than 10 - 12 grand, TOPS!!

Even that garden window that I priced at about 6000 was way too high. I vcan do the same thing now with this company, same quality for half that.

schuco quote

#5 Post by Guest »

I agree with guest.

FenEx

#6 Post by FenEx »

Hey mjswindows... oops. Before you agree with "guest" in even more posts, you shouldn't sign "guest" posts with your own email address... it blows your cover. Look at the thread. Pick a name and stick with it.

FenEX

#7 Post by Guest »

They took away mjsremodel, must of done something bad. and they gave guest.

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#8 Post by VRWAdmin »

Yes, your account was removed, we sent many e-mails to you kindly asking that you not post your home web site address at the end of every post.

At this time we would ask that you refrain from making any further posts on the board, and on our sister site, RW.

Thank you, and we appreciate your cooperation.

Vinyl RepWin Administrator

rejackson73

Stay away from New England Sash

#9 Post by rejackson73 »

I just wanted to let everybody know that our installation still is not complete. I am currently seeing what it takes to fill out a complaint with the BBB, and I wanted to provide everybody on this board (and anybody else interested) with my feedback with New England Sash.

Now almost 3 months later, our garden window does not have the supports we requested, and the locks for our slider still aren't in. They had to "order parts" twice already, and now they tell us that teh garden window supports have to be ordered through another group.

Furthermore, our Schuco slider now has a towel on the groove where the door opens (slides upon) to prevent the nasty draft coming through. We would have been better off just staying with our old french doors (nearly 20 years old).

WindDoze

#10 Post by WindDoze »

My mom taught me that if you can't say anything nice.....

But still I've got to say NES really seems to be dropping the ball. They've got the best product available, but its really hard to recomend a company that consistantly has customer stories such as rejackson's. It's not the window folks!

HipKat

#11 Post by HipKat »

I was just thinking that.

HELLO!! SCHUCO!!?? Hi! You have the finest products available. The largest distributor of windows in the WORLD!!! Over 50 years in business. Is it too much to ask that you actually use reputable dealers and provide an exlempory level of service and communication to your damn customers instead of ignoring them and forcing them to have to deal with these shills to be able to actually get the windows?? Is that really too much to ask?? I mean, you make how many billions of dollars every year by letting these a-hole companies overprice your products and then when people DO buy them, they get zilch for service. They get treated rudely. They get ignored, blown off, lied to, etc.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT????? Doesn't it bother you that your larger distributors, like NES and FJB, et al, get nothing but bad press and complaints?? That they get called out time and time again? Where ARE your standards of professionalism??

cin-cin

#12 Post by cin-cin »

AAAAA-men! New England Sash put in a slider going out to our deck, which is one the ocean. The first time it rained, we had gallons of water come in. Really, GALLONS!! Since then, the door has failed a total of four times. Our ceiling below this area is all peeling and falling down. A guy from Schuco was supposed to look it over on Monday, and had to cancel. We are dealing with Barry Cook, but as of this date, we still have a leaking slider and a ruined ceiling. I would suggest checking around, or following up on my situation and the others posting here. Also, you'll see that they have had a lot of complaints via BBB. Nobody should have that many complaints -- even if they resolve them, it shouldn't get to the point of someone filing a report on a company. Previously I urged folks to buy Schuco windows, but after dealing with NES and this slider, I have to re-think that!!!! It's not worth it. Nobody is coming to our home until Jan 21st. What's the forcast INSIDE my home? Rain?

HipKat

#13 Post by HipKat »

This thread is gonna be a great tool when i print it out and show it to my prospects that are thinking about calling NES for a quote....