Is it possible to get just a replacement panel?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Jeff H

Is it possible to get just a replacement panel?

#1 Post by Jeff H »

We are going to list our house very soon and need to order one, maybe two replacement panels for our Alcoa sliders. The windows themselves are in great shape other than the seals that are open and there is fogging between the panes. I would like to order just replacement slider panels rather than install an entire window.

Home Depot and Lowes will only sell me an entire window. Anyone know where I can order just the panel?

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

You can just call a glass company and they will come out and replace the glass.

Bill
Uneeda Window of NJ

Jeff H

#3 Post by Jeff H »

You know of any in the West Treton area? I am running into a dead end with the phone calls I have been making.

Any idea what it would cost?

Bill

#4 Post by Bill »

I would think you would be able to find a company in the yellow pages under glass, we are in the Elizabeth area and there are several listed.

We actually provide that service but you are a bit too far away; it takes two trips one to measure then a return trip for the repair.

Expect to pay $125.00 – 200.00 per a panel.

Bill
Uneeda Window of N.J.

Jeff H

#5 Post by Jeff H »

OK thanks. Wow, for that price I can buy a whole window. Not saying that in a bad way. I just had no idea, but now it makes sense why everyone just wants to replace the unit.

Thanks for your help! :D

JScott

#6 Post by JScott »

Call 1-800-jeldwen

If your unit is less than 10 years old it will be provided under warranty.

Alcoa purchased Caradco some years back, then the window division was bought by Jeld-wen. They have taken care of several people in the area with glass failures.

They may also cover labor.

Good Luck.

Jeff H

#7 Post by Jeff H »

Thanks I will give it a try, but the house is about 15 years old.