Simonton Generations Series

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Pete K

Simonton Generations Series

#1 Post by Pete K »

I received a quote from Allied for 15 windows in the "Generations Series" for $12k. After discounts it's about $10k. I like the Simonton windows as far as quality goes, but $12k? These are the double pane argon gas with Energy Wise 366 glass package. Am I paying for Nolan Ryan & J.P.Pritchards endorsements? Is there a comparable product? Thanks. We are in Houston.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Simonton Generations Series

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I'd contact a poster on this board named Randy. He's a dealer in Houston and he has some outstanding window brands and is a top notch window guy. You can contact him by going to one of his posts and hit the 'contact' or 'quote' button in his profile box.

You'll find him in this thread for example:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3784

Integra

Re: Simonton Generations Series

#3 Post by Integra »

You can buy the 5500 series which is very, very similar for less money and get almost identical performance. But the bottom line is that the guy is charging you a bunch of money for these things. I do have good things to say about Simonton - especially how they handle their service. They are absolutely OUTSTANDING in terms of honoring complaints/issues with their product. They're also great in terms of dealing with contractors who order product improperly. I would highly recommend that you keep looking for simonton - just find someone who may be a bit more affordable.