plygem versus okna

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rbell

plygem versus okna

#1 Post by rbell »

I am in Chicago and will be replacing almost all the windows in my house. I have gotten numerous quotes and have narrowed my choices down to Plygem Premium series and Okna (either the 500 or 800 series). Which window do you think is best and why? The Plygem Premium window is significantly less expensive but I need to make sure that I am still getting a good sturdy window.

Thanks!

HomeSealed

Re: plygem versus okna

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

I like the plygem Premium and I sell/install a lot of them, but that Okna product really has some excellent performance numbers and a stellar reputation. This is a major purchase so just make sure that you pick a window AND an installer that you really like and trust.

jayal11

#3 Post by jayal11 »

We have sold both products, and the okna is undoubtedly the way to go....best ratings, warrantee, and aesthetics...you cant go wrong 500 or 800, the the 800 more closely resembles a wood window is slightly stronger. we sell mostly the 500...feel free to ask any more questions...but i cant rave enough about the okna

randy

#4 Post by randy »

I don't know about Plygem but Okna is a top performer.

There's a regular contributor (pro) here that goes by the name Window4U. He's a dealer for Okna, Soft-lite, and several other premium brands. You won't find a better man to do business with. His installation is superb and his pricing is very competitive.

There's a "contact" button at the bottom of his posts that will put you in touch with him.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

randy wrote:I don't know about Plygem but Okna is a top performer.

There's a regular contributor (pro) here that goes by the name Window4U. He's a dealer for Okna, Soft-lite, and several other premium brands. You won't find a better man to do business with. His installation is superb and his pricing is very competitive.

There's a "contact" button at the bottom of his posts that will put you in touch with him.
+1

Here is a thread that Window4U is in: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3830

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Thanks much guys, but there's only one Okna dealer in Chicago. I'm pretty sure this person already knows me. :wink:

buddy110

#7 Post by buddy110 »

Okna all the way. :!: