Thompson Creek Windows

If you are new to this type of board please try out some of your test posts & replies here!
aloha55

Thompson Creek Windows

#1 Post by aloha55 »

First, I want to thank all of you professionals for taking the time to educate so many homeowners research windows here. I have the following questions.

My sister from Northern,Va insists on calling this local manufacturer to replace old vinyl windows in a town home she rents out near Charles Town,WV. She says her favorite radio host raves about having them installed on his own house and the energy savings he's experiencing. I tell her he most likely got free windows to say that and that she should get several quotes. I live in Oregon where 15 years back I went through the wringer with local window companies.

There isn't to much about them on the web except for their own positive blogs. Does anyone know if

1)Are their windows high/mid/low end?
2) Do they have high energy ratings such as U-Value/Air infiltration etc..?
3)Strong warranties?
4)Do they use hard sells tactics such as discounts for this/that if you sign today?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.Thanks

Skydawggy

Re: Thompson Creek Windows

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

1. Mid grade
2. They will qualify for the tax credit. I believe the U factor is a .28. They are not tested by AAMA so there's no independent structural testing or air and water rating.
3. Yes
4. Yes

They also use a pocket sill which disqualifies them for any consideration IMO.

aloha55

#3 Post by aloha55 »

Thank you Skydawggy.

Integra

#4 Post by Integra »

did you purchase them yet?