Help, info needed for windows in Northern New Jersey

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
mountainview34

Help, info needed for windows in Northern New Jersey

#1 Post by mountainview34 »

Hello:
I live in northern new jersey I need your professional opinion on 24 replacement windows. I have read your comments and would like to lay out my requirements and see what you may recommend. I have a moderate budget of around 11,000 dollars. Most are double hung but there are two picture windows in the mix. I am open to having a casement window replace the large pictures.
The main problem is the Southern and Western part of the house also faces a road with traffic noise. I read about the values of triple vs double hung windows but the increase in the passive heat loss would negate the benifits that section of the house receives from the sun's warming power. Any suggestions for a decent compromise.
I have had local chain companies come by and they all have a pressure sales tactic approach. Dreamworld, thermtite,windoworld etc none of these companies offer any of your recommended brand and I can't find any dealers in the area.
If you know of any dealers can you forward me that information. Thank you in advance

Skydawggy

Re: Help, info needed for windows in Northern New Jersey

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

In Norther New Jersey you have a wide variety of windows available to you. Try visiting the Manufacturers website of the windows you are interested in. Most have a dealer locator in which you enter your zip code and it will give you a list of dealers. Some might also show wholesalers. If so call the wholesaler near you and ask for a reference for an installer.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would do some research on here, talk to neighbors that have had windows done, and then narrow your scope down to the manufacturers that you would like to see.

Good luck and you have found a great resource in this board.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I think the Soft-Lite LS would do a great job for you.