NuView and Schuco Windows in No. Virgina

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
rdk

NuView and Schuco Windows in No. Virgina

#1 Post by rdk »

Is anybody else having difficulting getting the Schuco distributor in Northern Virgina (Nu View) to deliver the product. I signed a contract for 27 windows on 7-28-05 with delivery date of 9-16-05, it is now 10-23-05 and there is no date in sight for an install. Even though they promised to contact me on a regular basis, the only contact that I have had was on my own initiative.

Is this a problem with the manufacturing of the windows (Schuco) or is it NuView?

SCHUCO BY NUVIEW

Re: NuView and Schuco Windows in No. Virgina

#2 Post by SCHUCO BY NUVIEW »

rdk wrote:Is anybody else having difficulting getting the Schuco distributor in Northern Virgina (Nu View) to deliver the product. I signed a contract for 27 windows on 7-28-05 with delivery date of 9-16-05, it is now 10-23-05 and there is no date in sight for an install. Even though they promised to contact me on a regular basis, the only contact that I have had was on my own initiative.

Is this a problem with the manufacturing of the windows (Schuco) or is it NuView?
We at NU VIEW first want to address any and all confusion with this matter. SCHUCO windows are custom made and tailored to you the customer. SCHUCO has a complete system of perfection in building their windows which takes time and in some instances a little longer than expected. We at NU VIEW have also recieved your personal email. The problem in this situation was that SCHUCO had a back order on tempered glass for your project, and your octagon window has taken SCHUCO longer than normal to produce. NU VIEW can not accept any responsibility in production and distribution of materials produced by SCHUCO for the dealer. All of your products have arrived and someone from our staff will be in contact with you this evening 10-24-05 to set up an installation date. Thank you for informing me (GEORGE E. BOWIE II V.P. of NU VIEW) of this situation. We value your business and I assure you that you will leave this whole SCHUCO BY NUVIEW experience as satisfied loyal customer for life.

nmmmm

Schuco windows STILL not installed (was scheduled for Sept!)

#3 Post by nmmmm »

Our windows/doors should have been intalled in mid September and now it is nearly mid-December!

So warning to any people purchasing Schuco - no idea if it is the installer (NuView) or the manufacturer (Schuco), but we paid our deposit four months ago on the understanding the windows would have been in three months ago! No scheduled installation date YET!!!! And now we have snow and we are very upset needless to say.

No in-depth explanation, other than a weekly call to say they don't have a date yet!

HipKat

#4 Post by HipKat »

And yet, on Oct 24th, over a month ago they posted right here that your stuff was in and that they'd contact you THAT EVENING to make a date for install..... Hmmmm

nmmmm

#5 Post by nmmmm »

HipKat wrote:And yet, on Oct 24th, over a month ago they posted right here that your stuff was in and that they'd contact you THAT EVENING to make a date for install..... Hmmmm
That was for a different person... I don't know if they had the windows in or not... It would be interesting to know...

This is the first time I've posted on this delay... I will keep folks updated on this -- I'm really mad. I have no reason to believe that the dealer has just deposited our down payment and not placed the order, but really they've had our down payment for four months now...

And we are three months past the agreed to contract installation date at this point...

Someone (either the dealer or Schuco) is messing up big time!

SCHUCO BY NUVIEW

Re: Schuco windows STILL not installed (was scheduled for Se

#6 Post by SCHUCO BY NUVIEW »

nmmmm wrote:Our windows/doors should have been intalled in mid September and now it is nearly mid-December!

So warning to any people purchasing Schuco - no idea if it is the installer (NuView) or the manufacturer (Schuco), but we paid our deposit four months ago on the understanding the windows would have been in three months ago! No scheduled installation date YET!!!! And now we have snow and we are very upset needless to say.

No in-depth explanation, other than a weekly call to say they don't have a date yet!
We at NU VIEW are urgent to serve never to sell, however one of the circumstances we sometimes have to face is SCHUCO lead times. With SCHUCO HIGH PERFORMANCE WINDOWS being made to measure products, the one thing out of any AUTHORIZED SCHUCO DEALERS control is the manufacturing of product. I (GEORGE E. BOWIE II V.P. of NU VIEW) have researched this particular situation today. The products in this case are SCHUCO's new european product line. When we contracted out your job we explained to you that the line was not in production yet, but we were taking orders. When you signed your agreement, the products were not supposed to go into production until september giving us an E.T.A. of mid to late september. SCHUCO pushed the production of the new european line back to a time frame in october, which would of resuted in a much later delivery date. For now due to these being new products their is one GERMAN that flies back and forth to make sure the european product line is being made to German standards. These new french swing windows and tilt n' turn windows have been made in Germany for years, and now finally in the United States at SCHUCO's state of the art facility in Connecticut. The extended time that it has taken to manufacture these products will ensure that your well invested money will not go to waste. We try to always keep in contact with our customers on a week to week basis to let you know what we know. Believe it or not we were notified today by a fax around 11:30 am 12-7-05 from logistics that your windows will be arriving on 12-14-05 at 8:00 am. We were not aware of this until today. All SCHUCO windows are custom manufactured, which take time. The european products are truely a work of art, resulting in a longer manufacturing process than normal SCHUCO windows. SCHUCO HIGH PERFORMANCE WINDOWS are surely worth the wait :!: If you have any other questions feel free to give me (George E. Bowie II V.P.of NU VIEW) a call toll free at 1-877-8NU-VIEW.
Last edited by SCHUCO BY NUVIEW on Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

SCHUCO BY NUVIEW

#7 Post by SCHUCO BY NUVIEW »

nmmmm wrote:
HipKat wrote:And yet, on Oct 24th, over a month ago they posted right here that your stuff was in and that they'd contact you THAT EVENING to make a date for install..... Hmmmm
"That was for a different person... I don't know if they had the windows in or not... It would be interesting to know..." nmmmm

We have installed the project you both are talking about. The project went very well. If you go onto www.replacement-windows.com rdk actually made a post involving the completion of their project. We at NU VIEW have no problem in meeting our commitments to our clients. Our commitment to quality installation as well as our desire to meet our clients expectations is the easiest part of our job, and if we could not fullfill our obligations would our clients please tell us so with a phone call toll free at 1-877-8NU-VIEW. Ask for George E. Bowie II Vice President of NU VIEW.

vdotmatrix

#8 Post by vdotmatrix »

rdk wrote:Is anybody else having difficulting getting the Schuco distributor in Northern Virgina (Nu View) to deliver the product. I signed a contract for 27 windows on 7-28-05 with delivery date of 9-16-05, it is now 10-23-05 and there is no date in sight for an install. Even though they promised to contact me on a regular basis, the only contact that I have had was on my own initiative.

YES SOUNDS VERY FAMILIAR! We had about 14 windows installed in May 2005. We had a 3-part slider installed into the livingroom IMPROPERLY. The FOLK at NuView sent out a number of crews at different times to remedy this problem, each delving out their own flavor of remedy.

(you may want to search this board back in August or September for a better description of this problem with pictures).

The problem: the 3 part slider doesn't open without a lot of effort. The crews that have come to work on this have beat the window up, we have not been able to paint around the window, replace the livingroom window's NEXT DAY BLINDS and refrain from walking around naked in my own house, and not having blinds in an east facing window during this hot summer. The living room is an embarrassment.

SO, We left for Hawaii September 24, 2005. Craig assurred me they would be in contact with me in 2 weeks.

The last guy who came out, the best of the best of the best they had, breaks out some snake oil and incense. (LOL avec moi-just kidding ) I had had enough! They had to re-order the window and start from scratch!

IT HAS BEEN 3 *&^&*^%^ MONTHS, AND ALL I GET IS "WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, AND WE WILL DO EVERYTHING TO MAKE SURE YOUR ARE 100% SATISFIED WITH YOUR schucco WINDOWS AND IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US." THE ONLY CONTACT I GET IS FROM MY OWN INITIATIVE. You know, they did throw in a new Clopay Garage door. The windows are great, except for they mixed the styles of the locks on 2 of the windows.

Although this is very polite and all...Our window is still screwed up, our living room still looks like HELL.

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN HIRE SOMEONE ELSE TO COME AND INSTALL A 3-PART Schucco slider AND SEND THis COMPANY THE BILL?

Right man, good luck finding another 3-part slider.

I mean this is ridiculous....I WILL NEVER HIRE ANOTHER COMPANY IN THIS AREA AND PAY THEM IN FULL FOR 3 WEEKS AFTER A JOB IS COMPLETED, to make sure everything is done right, cuz once you pay-THERE WILL BE A LAG TIME if anything goes wrong....THERE IS SO MUCH WORK IN THIS AREA THAT COMPANIES CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS.

You know, this may seem so harsh to the George's since they do sound so sincere when they call and do have the best high preformance window on the planet, but if WE ALL aren't getting any special or minimum attention FOR OUR BACKORDERS, then they are too busy, which means, they are too busy with what seems to be OLD Accounts.

These windows aren't cheap.

They can hire some goon to sit on his duff and do nothing but call clients ALL DAY LONG and let them know the status on with their order; it is the least they can do. I have referred at least a half a dozen people to NUVIEW because there is NO BETTER WINDOW OUT THERE FOLKS, some have purchased some have not.

I AM SURPRISED and relieved TO SEE OTHERS WITH THE SAME COMPLAINTS.

A WONDER THEY AREN'T MEMBERS OF THE BETTER BUSINESS ASSOCIATION for fairfax county.

:evil:

vdotmatrix

#9 Post by vdotmatrix »

less than 48 hours after posting this I get a call from NuView a day or 2 before News Years. When I haven't heard from these guys in 3 months they call twice in one afternoon pushing to come over in the height of the holiday and dead of Winter to rip the 3-part picture window out of our livingroom. Of course, I tell them this is crazy.

Can you imagine , the day before new years eve, these guys come over to screw with the window, they run into some dreadful SNAFU or something, everything is closed until tuesday, we have no glass in the livingroom. I thought it was too risky to do something major like that so close to New Years Eve.

January 12th, 2006, I haven't heard from them since. You'd think, they'd be calling to wind this up. Let's see how long they actually take to respond after this post.
vdotmatrix wrote:

YES SOUNDS VERY FAMILIAR! We had about 14 windows installed in May 2005. We had a 3-part slider installed into the livingroom IMPROPERLY. The FOLK at NuView sent out a number of crews at different times to remedy this problem, each delving out their own flavor of remedy.

(you may want to search this board back in August or September for a better description of this problem with pictures).

The problem: the 3 part slider doesn't open without a lot of effort. The crews that have come to work on this have beat the window up, we have not been able to paint around the window, replace the livingroom window's NEXT DAY BLINDS and refrain from walking around naked in my own house, and not having blinds in an east facing window during this hot summer. The living room is an embarrassment.

SO, We left for Hawaii September 24, 2005. Craig assurred me they would be in contact with me in 2 weeks.

The last guy who came out, the best of the best of the best they had, breaks out some snake oil and incense. (LOL avec moi-just kidding ) I had had enough! They had to re-order the window and start from scratch!

IT HAS BEEN 3 *&^&*^%^ MONTHS, AND ALL I GET IS "WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, AND WE WILL DO EVERYTHING TO MAKE SURE YOUR ARE 100% SATISFIED WITH YOUR schucco WINDOWS AND IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US." THE ONLY CONTACT I GET IS FROM MY OWN INITIATIVE. You know, they did throw in a new Clopay Garage door. The windows are great, except for they mixed the styles of the locks on 2 of the windows.

Although this is very polite and all...Our window is still screwed up, our living room still looks like HELL.

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN HIRE SOMEONE ELSE TO COME AND INSTALL A 3-PART Schucco slider AND SEND THis COMPANY THE BILL?

Right man, good luck finding another 3-part slider.

I mean this is ridiculous....I WILL NEVER HIRE ANOTHER COMPANY IN THIS AREA AND PAY THEM IN FULL FOR 3 WEEKS AFTER A JOB IS COMPLETED, to make sure everything is done right, cuz once you pay-THERE WILL BE A LAG TIME if anything goes wrong....THERE IS SO MUCH WORK IN THIS AREA THAT COMPANIES CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS.

You know, this may seem so harsh to the George's since they do sound so sincere when they call and do have the best high preformance window on the planet, but if WE ALL aren't getting any special or minimum attention FOR OUR BACKORDERS, then they are too busy, which means, they are too busy with what seems to be OLD Accounts.

These windows aren't cheap.

They can hire some goon to sit on his duff and do nothing but call clients ALL DAY LONG and let them know the status on with their order; it is the least they can do. I have referred at least a half a dozen people to NUVIEW because there is NO BETTER WINDOW OUT THERE FOLKS, some have purchased some have not.

I AM SURPRISED and relieved TO SEE OTHERS WITH THE SAME COMPLAINTS.

A WONDER THEY AREN'T MEMBERS OF THE BETTER BUSINESS ASSOCIATION for fairfax county.

:evil:
Last edited by vdotmatrix on Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Window10

#10 Post by Window10 »

If you are this unhappy with NuView, why don't you file a complaint with the county's consumer complaints division? It also might interest NuView to know that we recently chose another company in the NoVa area because of the complaints about their service posted on this and other forums. I don't care how good Schuco windows are - if they can't install them in a timely and reasonable manner, they are no good to me.

vdotmatrix

#11 Post by vdotmatrix »

Window10 wrote:If you are this unhappy with NuView, why don't you file a complaint with the county's consumer complaints division? It also might interest NuView to know that we recently chose another company in the NoVa area because of the complaints about their service posted on this and other forums. I don't care how good Schuco windows are - if they can't install them in a timely and reasonable manner, they are no good to me.
Too Bad for this company, I suppose , because they really are nice PEOPLE. I am still waiting for them to follow through. They are at least making goodwill efforts and it is WINTERTIME and I suppose the lst thing I want is for these guys to rush through this job (LOL) when it is cold.

It is However going to be the last attempt on this 3-part slider window. They talked us out of a regular window for this 3-part slider thing.

HipKat

#12 Post by HipKat »

Schuco's 3-light slider is a thing of beauty, but it has to be perfectly constructed and installed. Shame, man....

vdotmatrix

#13 Post by vdotmatrix »

HipKat wrote:Schuco's 3-light slider is a thing of beauty, but it has to be perfectly constructed and installed. Shame, man....
You know I really am Sorry that you DON'T APPRECIATE WHAT i HAVE WRITTEN HERE about the issues with the service on our windows. But I have not embellished nor have I really TRASHED YOU guys like I see some companies out there getting shredded. I have been MOST PATIENT, whacha call understanding.....My wife on the other hand hates seeing the living room the way it has been for 7-8 months.

SEVEN TO EIGHT MONTHS.

We left for Hawaii September 25th. I spoke to CRAIG, or GREG or whoever it is that answers the phone.

He assured me that he would let me know something in 2 weeks; We were in Hawaii for 3 weeks. I called back while i was in Hawaii.

Didn't hear back from you guys until within 48 hours of posting something on this board at the beggining of this topic just before NEWS YEARS-you know with relatives and company visiting from out of town and christmas tree hiding the unpainted trim no blinds shades or shutters. And you call me with an opening to do major work DURING THE HOLIDAZE. I mean ya just don't look a gift horse right in the mouth, but i just couldn't tell Ma and Pah, "hope you guys don't mind the construction crews", but........

DO THE MATH. That is roughly just over 3 months since I have heard from YOU.

So, as gracious as you were on the phone, and slipping that little comment about not appreciating what I have written here, please understand that I have no ill feeling towards you or your company. Just a little annoyed is all-is all.

The weather seems like it is about to take a turn towards WINTER AND I AM NOT SURE my wife is going to allow you guys to freeze her and the baby out on your schedule. You have a wife, You know the music, ...I haven't heard from anyone today like you said they would call....c'est la vide

HipKat

#14 Post by HipKat »

How does that post relate to me?????

spike00

#15 Post by spike00 »

Buyers Beware! Avoid Nu-View at all cost! They don't deliver. They don't place the order when you give them the deposit. They hold onto the money for months. I have yet to have my contract fulfilled nor has my deposit been returned and I signed my contract in 2005! I am not alone though, there are many people like us through-out Northern VA and Maryland.
They no longer carry Schuco windows. I can't stress enough, don't deal with the Father and Son team! :evil: