Is this a good price?

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Marshall

Is this a good price?

#1 Post by Marshall »

I got a quote on Alside Sheffield replacement windows for about $280 a window. That is about half and half double hungs and picture windows...20 total windows.

Seems I read on here that this is not the best window available...but I am thinking this sounds like a good deal for a fine window...and it fits my budget.

Any thoughts?

Marshall in Dallas

HomeSealed

Re: Is this a good price?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Is that installed?? I'm not a fan of the product, but that price is ridiculously low... So low that I would only do that deal if you are not worried about the installer being around to service the product in the future.

Skydawggy

#3 Post by Skydawggy »

HomeSealed wrote:Is that installed?? I'm not a fan of the product, but that price is ridiculously low... So low that I would only do that deal if you are not worried about the installer being around to service the product in the future.
At that price it's a pretty sure bet the installer won't be around in the future. In this area Alside charges $80 per sash as a "delivery fee" if there's an issue with the window and the installer isn't around anymore. And they will not just ship it, it must be delivered by them.

Ericjeeper

#4 Post by Ericjeeper »

Skydawggy wrote:
HomeSealed wrote:Is that installed?? I'm not a fan of the product, but that price is ridiculously low... So low that I would only do that deal if you are not worried about the installer being around to service the product in the future.
At that price it's a pretty sure bet the installer won't be around in the future. In this area Alside charges $80 per sash as a "delivery fee" if there's an issue with the window and the installer isn't around anymore. And they will not just ship it, it must be delivered by them.
In Indiana the homeowner can go to the Alside store to pick up the sash. One year free service from Alside though. After that you pay .

Skydawggy

#5 Post by Skydawggy »

.......and pay and pay and pay......

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Skydawggy wrote:.......and pay and pay and pay......
:lol: :lol: :lol: