Please help...quote seems very high

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Katharine420

Please help...quote seems very high

#1 Post by Katharine420 »

I recently received a quote from a company for triple pane windows using Compozit frames for 8 windows and a slider in my one story ranch. They are replacing horrible old aluminum windows. The quote he gave me was $17,800 and that includes labor and materials. I have been doing a lot of research since he left and based on some of the information I have seen, that cost seems pretty inflated. This is a smaller company and one of his sales pitches was that their prices were more competitive because they had less overhead than the larger companies.
I live in Western Oregon, so we do not see a lot of extremes in weather, but I do want to make sure that I choose a good window.
Thanks for any advice!!!

randy

Re: Please help...quote seems very high

#2 Post by randy »

While I am not familiar with the particular window, the price does seem extremely high. I'd recommend getting at least two more estimates.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

$2,000+ a window is outlandish regardless of what the install or product is.

You need to keep shopping.

windowman736

#4 Post by windowman736 »

Keep looking Katherine. Let us know how you make out with your window shopping.

Katharine420

#5 Post by Katharine420 »

Thank you so much for the responses. I felt in my gut that I was being taken for a ride, but I know nothing about window costs and his sales pitch was so aggressive that before I knew it I was signing an agreement. At least I am within the 3 day period that allows me to change my mind before they get my money.