Anyone ever hear of American Jewel windows in New Jersey?

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
BRUUUUCE

Anyone ever hear of American Jewel windows in New Jersey?

#1 Post by BRUUUUCE »

The company/distributor I met with said it's a line exclusive for him. He went to them and told them all the specifics he was looking for a window and this is what they designed for him. He said it was better than the Alsides he used to carry.

Any opinion?

Also what's everyone's opinion on "exclusive" windows like these? Can they compare to the big, better-known names?

canuck

Re: Anyone ever hear of American Jewel windows in New Jersey?

#2 Post by canuck »

we just answered your question. american jewel is not a quality window wheher its exclusive to him or not and for what its worth, anything is better than an Alside window.

canuck

#3 Post by canuck »

wheter or not its the 1700 0r the 3000,its the same low qiality vinyl. they get all their extrusions from the same location. NJ is right next to P.A, thats where they make both Okna and Gorell.

ZAPAS

#4 Post by ZAPAS »

My experience as an installer of American Jewel windows with 1700 Series as top line is much
better that with windows that Canuck mentioned. I can buy Okna, Simonton, Gorell, Softlite etc. as well.
They look nice (AJ with many new features), have great glass performance and all my customers love them.
NO PROBLEMS at all. No one service call.

ZAPAS

#5 Post by ZAPAS »

I forgot to say. It is about right Installer more than about right window.

canuck

#6 Post by canuck »

c'mon,did you ever see a corner cut on american jewel? its a thing guage vinyl and of low quality. i know you mean well but its NOT high quaity winow and is nothing compared to sunrise,gorell,or Okna. american jewel is comparable to Ideal windows.

ZAPAS

#7 Post by ZAPAS »

Hi Canuck,
I do not want to argue over quality of Sunrise, Okna or Gorrel.
Have you seen new 1700 Series recently? With all new features.

canuck

#8 Post by canuck »

yes zappas,i also saw the corner cut. its a thin guage vinyl and not well engineered. i do believe your intentions are good and i also do not want to argue but i've been in windows a long time and its not a product i would choose to sell. trust me,i can get the american jewel at killer prices and make money but its just not for me.

Bill

#9 Post by Bill »

We were with American Jewel back when they first started making vinyl windows. The window they made back them (Series IV) was a heavier gauge vinyl than what they are making now.

Granted this Series IV window by today’s standards was a crude design with a pocket sill and snap on interlock but compared to Silverline and what was available in vinyl 20 years ago it was a better choice. We dropped them as soon as they started production of the new window.

I was at a trade show two years ago and the window was being displayed and it was a thin gauge window with a good performing glass.

Their casement window was nice assuming they are making the same window.