Question about Quote

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
amylou

Question about Quote

#1 Post by amylou »

My husband and I had Airtite come out for an estimate. We loved their product. We decided to sign with them, but I am wondering if we should have shopped around a little more for a better price. We live in Indiana and are getting 9 (actually 11 including the sides of the bay)vinyl replacement windows installed, one bay window with an oak seat installed and all of our marble sills replaced with oak sills for a little over $9000. Plus we are getting an add'l 10 year warranty that covers everything 100% for the first 10 years, then after that locked us in to a $50 travel fee ONLY if anything goes wrong in the next 15 years. Does this sound like a good price?

I should add these are all double hung, and the sides of the bay are double hung and the middle is just plain glass.

windowmannjny

#2 Post by windowmannjny »

amylou in my opinion if you liked the product and were comfortable with the company stick with it and dont look back

amylou

#3 Post by amylou »

Thank you. I'm just hoping that price isn't outrageous!! I realize it is hard to comment without know all of my window measurments.

Does anyone know if Airtite is a good company at least? I'm just hoping we didn't get one over on us! I don't "think" we did. They are a reputable company according to the BBB.

windowmannjny

#4 Post by windowmannjny »

it doesnt seem like the price is outrageous for what you described. what brand of window are they using? as far as "getting one over on you"... if they give you a good quality window that you like and the installation goes well (which you will never know til its done) and you are happy at the end as MasterCard says "its priceless"