thd

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
windowrep

thd

#1 Post by windowrep »

wow, your enthusiasm for selling home depot windows is noted already. some statements you claim are valid points, however they take on no meaning with the sales plug and marketing you are using this site for. it is unfortunate. luckily folks that are using this board are knowledgable and will see right through that. good luck posting as you have about 1,243 more threads to cover. it will go quicker if you make up a standardized post and try to paste it. good luck.

thd50

Re: thd

#2 Post by thd50 »

Indeed it is a wonderful thing to be a leader and not follower. 8)

It's been said in the past: " When one finger points outward - there has to be three fingers pointing backwards..." :shock:

You will only see individual and genuine posts individually here when I have time - no need to commensurate. :arrow:

I remain
Ck

windowrep

#3 Post by windowrep »

i had no idea that you carried a dictionary and a thesaurus in your little orange aprons. umm the only thing i can think of is "we are going to play one game at a time" oh yeah and there is no i in team. next month you'll sign on here as lowes50 and tell everyone how great they are. see you then. and commentator or whatever to you to. LOL

FenEx

#4 Post by FenEx »

THD

I believe that your posts are genuine, to you... but unfortunately, many of them are innaccurate as I have responded to a few already with facts. I have no intention of chasing each of your bombardment of posts.

Since you like quotes, "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
Charles Darwin

In short, if you consider yourself a leader.. atleast lead any that may choose to follow your advice in the right directions.

thd50

Re: Reply

#5 Post by thd50 »

FenEx wrote:THD

I believe that your posts are genuine, to you... but unfortunately, many of them are innaccurate as I have responded to a few already with facts. I have no intention of chasing each of your bombardment of posts.

Since you like quotes, "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
Charles Darwin

In short, if you consider yourself a leader.. atleast lead any that may choose to follow your advice in the right directions.
Indeed Quotes are a wonderful thing --

In fact - one of my more favored quotes by Darwin is "that which does not kill you will make you stronger" and "only the fittest survive."

Like you sir, I have no time for chasing down posts - yet I am here to volunteer and offer the information and knowledge I have- nothing more.

If I can open peoples minds and dare them to question or help them create or put together the valid questions that they may have otherwise had the ability or knowledge enough to ask for yet needed to know in the first place - then I have done my civic duty.

I will however stand to be corrected and remain open to hear (or better yet see) exacltly it is that I was incorrect with on any information I have submitted to this (or any net line)... After all it is for the benefit of those who are seeking accurate information to which they may come to making an intelligent, well-informed decision with.

Thank you!

I remain
Ck

"Stick with me kid I will learn ya." LOL

Oberon

quotes

#6 Post by Oberon »

Good morning,

thd, I have read a number of your posts on this site and to be honest I am not sure what a good many of your "numbers" quoted mean or where they actually come from - when dealing with window performance.

I also noticed in this thread that you attributed two quotes to "Darwin", but in fact your association is not correct.

"That which does not kill you only makes you stronger." was actually said by philosopher Freidrich Nietze. I have also seen that particular quote attributed to the bible and a few other sources, but this is the first time I have ever seen it attributed to Darwin.

The second quote, "only the fittest survive", is also incorrect.

The entire "survival of the fittest" argument concerning Darwin is something like movie trivia related to such as Humphrey Bogart's "Play it again, Sam" or James Cagney's "You dirty rat!" Both are commonly attributed to the actors, yet neither actor ever used that line...sort of urban myth.

Darwin did not originate (pun intended) the term "survival of the fittest". In fact Herbert Spencer coined the term specifically relating to economic or social "darwinism" and not to biological evolution. Darwin used the term "natural selection" to describe biological evolution.

We see many excellent examples of Spencer's concept of survival of the fittest today in business - which is the actual intent of the quote. Companies like IBM, ATT, ITT were giants...three of the largest companies in the world...yet compare them to Microsoft or Intel or Dell, today.

Or take Sears, Montgomery Wards, JC Penny's. Not that many years ago they were the kings of retail. Compare any of them to Wal-Mart or Target today.

The "fittest" prosper while those no longer "fit" decline - economic darwinism at its most descriptive.

Anyway, way off topic for window discussions, but what the heck!

Guy

#7 Post by Guy »

Well said Oberon (crowd goes wild in the background). Just like hitting a 90' putt!!!!!!!

FenEx

#8 Post by FenEx »

WOW... and I thought I store alot of crap in my head. Ya gotta love this guy, Oberon is like a walking encyclopedia. Oberon... we are all dying to know the answer to the whole chicken and the egg thing.

wayside

Re: Reply

#9 Post by wayside »

FenEx wrote:we are all dying to know the answer to the whole chicken and the egg thing.
Ontogony recapitulates phylogony, that's all you need to know.

:D

Oberon

okay

#10 Post by Oberon »

Ontogony recapitulates phylogony --

Recapitulation (Haekel's Law)

'during embryological development, and organism passes through stages which resemble the structural form of several ancestral types of the species as it evolved'

HEY! I admit it, I had to look that one up! Interesting stuff actually. A good read. Thanks!

:roll:

jlas75

Simonton 5500 vs. United 4900 Series

#11 Post by jlas75 »

Hello,
I am researching Vinyl replacement windows (14 windows) and am now comparing Home Depot's "At Home Service" 6500 Series with United Window and Door Mfg Series #4900.

The Home Depot's estimate for the 6500 Series (a.k.a Reflections by Simonton 5500) is $3,500 more than the United Window and Door Mfg window # 4900. Is this window worth the extra money?

One point I would like to make is that Home Depot's "At Home Service" offers a Lifetime Warranty on their windows and it is also transferrable whenever we choose to sell the house.

Thanks in advance!!!!

http://www.unitedwindowmfg.com/4900.htm
(United Window and Door 4900 series)

vs.

http://www.simonton.com/homeowner/produ ... n=2&bhcp=1
(Reflections by Simonton 5500 Double Hung)

phillyray

so.. we talk.. talk ... talk

#12 Post by phillyray »

what should be the going price per window for THD Simonton 6500's??? all under 90 UI(8 UNITS).. .. I can't say how terrible the experiences I have had with wondow reps. especially the one who brought the light show for me and wanted to stomp on the windows in my house.. .. I couldn't throw him out fast enough...

nonetheless, what should I pay for windows with installation. I have learned that the price of the Simonton 5500 with upgrades to match the 6500's come out to about $170, but what should this be with installation via HD?????
CAN YA HELP ME OUT?