Alpine Windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
chkm8

Alpine Windows

#1 Post by chkm8 »

I am on the brink of purchasing Alpine Windows to replace the 20 year old windows in my home. I'm thinking of going with the 80 series. Does anyone have any thoughts on these windows? I've found little information regarding these online and the few blurbs I have read haven't been too flattering. I understand that this company was bought out by Alside not too long ago, so I'm also wondering if the quality of Alpine is comparable to Alside.

I live in Northern California where the weather is dry and hot in the summer and doesn't get too cold in the winter.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

SuperiorW&D

Re: Alpine Windows

#2 Post by SuperiorW&D »

We are a dealer in Southern Oregon. We do not consider Alpine (nor Alside) a Top Tier Window. We reviewed samples brought to us by Applied Materials. You would think the samples they brought for us to review would be the BEST they could make....we thought the "fit and finish" were really bad. We have "heard" getting warranty service is also an issue.

Our best customer used Alpine on an apartment building 15 years ago. He has told me that the money he saved, over using us and a decent window, was not worth it over the long haul. He has not strayed from us since.

Door&WindowPlus

#3 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

I would get some more estimates. Take a look at Simonton or Milgard.

rsglazing

#4 Post by rsglazing »

error