Dream house Windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
canuck

Dream house Windows

#1 Post by canuck »

someone was asking about them. they claim to have a double pane with a u-factor of .27?
also,they are doing exterior installs(replacement) and claiming to seal the exterior with a plastic strip???? anyone here of this?

HomeSealed

Re: Dream house Windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

I have not seen the show, but I know that a few manufacturers are starting to offer double-pane's with U-factors in that range. They seem to have very low(numerically) SHGC's though which won't do well in a cooler climate. As for the plastic strips, maybe it's a pre-manfactured piece that snaps into the accessory groove. A lot of manufacturer's offer something like that... If not, I don't know. Could be something wild and crazy that we've never heard of! :lol:

canuck

#3 Post by canuck »

yes, i believe thats what it is..a sanp in. whats it used for though? what oes it accomplish?

canuck

#4 Post by canuck »

I am guessing its for the gap between the frame and the outside casing after removing the storm windows.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

canuck wrote:I am guessing its for the gap between the frame and the outside casing after removing the storm windows.
Frame/sill adapter.

Usually grooved so it can be easily ripped to size by scoring it with a utility knife.

canuck

#6 Post by canuck »

thanks WOW..I think they may be also called filler strips if i'm not mistaken.