warranty comparison

If you are new to this type of board please try out some of your test posts & replies here!
sophieaugie

warranty comparison

#1 Post by sophieaugie »

I have read a lot of the posts here and have used your recommendations to guide me in terms of which windows are worth looking at. I know the Soft Lite windows are a favorite here, but I am concerned about a line in their warranty that says the consumer has to pay shipping/labor for any replacement parts. How does this work in reality? How much will I be looking at for shipping? We've looked at the Milgard Tuscany as well that boasts their lifetime warranty of parts, labor, everything. Of course there is the trade off that the "lifetime" is not transferable with the Milgard. I also read conflicting information about how much the companies stand by their warranties. Any thoughts? When I make my final decision, I just want to be able to weigh all the pros and cons.
Thanks

Skydawggy

Re: warranty comparison

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

This is the test post forum. Why not move your question to the regular forums?

sophieaugie

Re: warranty comparison

#3 Post by sophieaugie »

Sorry, I'm new. I saw that but couldn't figure out how to move or delete it. I'll work on it some more and may just end up reposting in the other section.