ALCO WINDOWS INC, PHILADELPHIA

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
tagbeny1

ALCO WINDOWS INC, PHILADELPHIA

#1 Post by tagbeny1 »

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH ALCO WINDOWS INC BASED IN PHILADELPHIA?

I'M ALMOST SICK OF "WINDOW SHOPPING"- NO PUN INTENDED. THE SALES REP USED HIGH PRESSURE TECHNIQUE:
1. QUOTED RETAIL PRICE, MANUFACTURER PRICE AND SALE PRICE
2. CLAIMED THAT SALE PRICE WAS EFFECTIVE ONLY IF I SIGNED A CONTRACT WHICH OF COURSE I REFUSED. I'M NOT INTO THE HABIT OF SIGNING AWAY A BIG CHUNK OF MONEY BECAUSE OF ONE SALES PITCH.

THE PROBLEM IS I DON'T KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT THE QUALITY OF ALCO WINDOWS IN THE LONG-TERM. SURE THEY HAVE GOOD THERMAL PERFORMANCE (U-FACTOR .28) BUT WOULD THE WINDOWS STILL BE FUNCTIONAL 5-10 YEARS FROM NOW?

ANYBODY WITH EXPERIENCE OR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND THEIR PRODUCT?

THANKS!

Skydawggy

Re: ALCO WINDOWS INC, PHILADELPHIA

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

First of all, typing with all caps is difficult to read and is considered yelling by internet protocol. Secondly, why do you care about the company or their window if they offended you? Are you seriously considering doing business with them anyway? Wouldn't it be more productive to ask if anyone here can recommend a good window and a good installer in the Philadelphia area who will treat you well, be informative and answer all your questions while still respecting your intelligence?

If so the answer would be to look at a few brands that are available in your area. I'd recommend Simonton Prism Platinum, Gorell 5100 or 5300 series, Okna 400, 500 or 800 series and some of the Softlite lines. There are other good windows to consider but these will get you started and all are proven quality windows that most of us on here agree we like.

If you want a good installer who will treat you well, there is a poster on here named Anthony who has been posting on this site for years and has earned the respect of all the Pros here. I would search through a few posts until you find him and then click on the "Get a Quote" button under his name.

Please let us know how it works out.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

I suggest that anyone who is presented a "Buy Now or the Price goes up" type deal seriously re-think their choice.

Window prices do not go up at the close of a particular business day and the salesperson is so hard pressed to close, that tells me that they do not want the customer to do their research.

As a company, I know that most of the board professional shares this viewpoint, we encourage our customers to research and come back to us with feedback and follow up. If your installations and product have the legs to stand on, you should not have any problems.

tagbeny1

#4 Post by tagbeny1 »

Okna 400 series. 33 windows for about $14k. Reasonable?

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Wow....that is super aggressive. :shock:

I can't sell that window for that.

tagbeny1

#6 Post by tagbeny1 »

Well, the quote started at $16k and I beat it down to $14k. Just wanted confirmation that it's a good deal. Company has good customer and BBB rating.