Help with brands sold in Philadelphia, PA

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TammyT

Help with brands sold in Philadelphia, PA

#1 Post by TammyT »

I live in Philadelphia, PA and I am trying to purchase six replacement windows. I have had several estimates, but I am not sure what to buy. I have narrowed my list down to three brands. I am considering the Marvin Infinity (fiberglass), the Northeast Crusader, and a Seaway window. The Northeast or Seaway will cost me from $3,000 - $3,900, and the Infinity will cost me $4,800 - $5,200? I am not planning on staying in my house for more than 6 yrs, but I want to be comfortable, satisfied, and have a good warranty. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks~

Delaware Mike

Re: Help with brands sold in Philadelphia, PA

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

The 2 vinyl products that you have quotes on would be on par with each other. Neither one is great, but not terrible either. The knock I have with the Crusader is the fact that I personally find it very unattractive. Seaway from what I remember is a solid product, however I don't know what series you were quoted on.

The Infinity from Marvin is in a completely different league. One of the most attractive windows on the market if not the most attractive. The fit and finish, and how the window will operate in 6 years should be taken in consideration. I like the Marvin hands down. It' not my money, so that's an easy decision for me. Might want to look up a poster on these boards named "Anthony." He has better vinyl products and services your area.

buddy110

#3 Post by buddy110 »

+1 on Infinity and Anthony

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I would look at Soft-lite, Okna, or Simonton.
There are many vinyl window mfg, the first two are among the best.