Preservation vs Vanguard Please help

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
GoBigorStayHome

Preservation vs Vanguard Please help

#1 Post by GoBigorStayHome »

I live in Virginia Beach. I have replaced 3/4 of my windows with Vanguard windows. I paid about $500 per window. I have 9 left to do. I don't know why I did but I took a meeting with Paramount builders selling Preservation windows. 9 windows $11,000. That is after all the discounts. During the presentation he convinced me that the Vanguard windows were junk and were going to fail in about 3-5 years. Arghhhh!!! I am not a window person. I thought the Vanguards were comparable to a Honda or Toyota car. (Sorry I know my examples are not American Made).
Did I really buy Pinto windows? Do I really need Lambergini windows.

Please Help

HomeSealed

Re: Preservation vs Vanguard Please help

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Wow :!: He must have been a helluva salesman, because the Alside preservation is faaaaaaarrrr inferior to the Sunrise Vanguard in EVERY way.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

HomeSealed wrote:Wow :!: He must have been a helluva salesman, because the Alside preservation is faaaaaaarrrr inferior to the Sunrise Vanguard in EVERY way.
No comparison. You already have the better window.

If you want similar performance, put triple pane glass in the next set and you will have the better window with the Sunrise offering.

pilot

#4 Post by pilot »

Triples are over rated in terms of thermal efficiency and cost effectiveness. They are quieter though.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

pilot wrote:Triples are over rated in terms of thermal efficiency and cost effectiveness. They are quieter though.

Erroneous on both accounts.

Since when is a U-factor drop from 0.30 to a low as 0.15 overrated in terms of thermal efficiency. Sure, if a company is charging twice as much for it than it is not a good deal, however, quite a few companies only charge about a 20-25% increase. Well worth it at that point.

Triple pane windows are far from quieter and often times allow for slightly more noise transmission.