Simonton Platinum vs PGT SpectraGuard 2300

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
OkieDokieRick

Simonton Platinum vs PGT SpectraGuard 2300

#1 Post by OkieDokieRick »

I am trying to compare Simonton Platinum and PGT SpectraGuard double hung windows. Can anyone help me with this comparison? Two things I'm particularly interested in is the best balance system and the type of reinforcement on each, or options for such. Any other comparisons would be helpful also.

Thanks.
Rick

little3dee

Re: Simonton Platinum vs PGT SpectraGuard 2300

#2 Post by little3dee »

I just recently purchased the PGT Spectraguard vinyl windows. I did A LOT of research before purchasing. I liked them because they had more of a finished look to them and they felt a bit more sturdy then some of the others I felt. I have to say I am very happy with them. My contractor had recommended Simonton to me, but I had him put the PGT in. He remarked on how much heavier they were than the ones he usually installs. They are really quiet and I can't hear many of the outside noises I heard before. We also upgraded the screen to the "Bettervue" screens and they are made with a thinner weave than most screens so you can see out of them better.

TommyJ

Re: Simonton Platinum vs PGT SpectraGuard 2300

#3 Post by TommyJ »

little3dee wrote:I just recently purchased the PGT Spectraguard vinyl windows. I did A LOT of research before purchasing. I liked them because they had more of a finished look to them and they felt a bit more sturdy then some of the others I felt. I have to say I am very happy with them. My contractor had recommended Simonton to me, but I had him put the PGT in. He remarked on how much heavier they were than the ones he usually installs. They are really quiet and I can't hear many of the outside noises I heard before. We also upgraded the screen to the "Bettervue" screens and they are made with a thinner weave than most screens so you can see out of them better.
You found a thread that was over a year old to post up you experience with PGT windows... :roll:

Really believable. I have some oceanfront property in Iowa I really think you should see. Go spam somewhere else bum.