bay window replacemebt

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
holliew

bay window replacemebt

#1 Post by holliew »

I need to put in a new bay window to replace a garden window. The current window does not have any roof/overhang over it. I would prefer not to have to build one. Is there a product that is made of vinyl or metal that can attach to the top and to the bottom of the window and then attach to the house? Is there anyway to water tight something without putting an actual roof on it?
thanks

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

The answer to that question would be no, unless you meant a sloped metal roof over the top. I am reading your post as you are wondering if you can seal the flat top surface of the bay. To my knowledge, this would void every warranty out there. Some manufacturers have pre-made roofs that you can purchase if you are not up to building one.

With some manufacturers, such as Simonton, you can't even tie a bay up into the bottom of a second story soffit without voiding the warranty. It must have a roof. I told them I thought that was kinda goofy.

holliew

bay window replacement

#3 Post by holliew »

Thanks for your answer. I am looking for a premade roof. Something that maybe slope up and meet the siding of the house. Like a triangle I guess. Let me know. Thanks