Simonton Reflections vs Accu Weld 2900

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
hc_mass

Simonton Reflections vs Accu Weld 2900

#1 Post by hc_mass »

Hi all.

These are the 2 options in front of me (at the moment) for 7 DH near Boston. The Simonton is about $500 more. The installer on the Accu Weld has been around for 20 years, installed my neighbor's windows, I spoke to her and she couldn't be happier. The installer on the Simonton has much less experience/track record, but seems to know his stuff (he is 1 course away from being certified to teach window replacement).

I'm guessing from a quick search on this forum that Accu Weld is an inferior window, but some of the complaints I saw were a couple years old, and I don't know if they might have improved their product. Given what you know from my limited info, which is the better value?

The Accu Weld guy said he would use Harvey windows if I preferred those, for about the same price as the Simonton. How would Harvey do in this mix?

Thanks for your time :)

--Neal

TheWindowNerd

Re: Simonton Reflections vs Accu Weld 2900

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I know Simonton and Accuweld, Go Simonton.
I do not know Harvey.

hc_mass

#3 Post by hc_mass »

thanks Anthony :D

Southland

#4 Post by Southland »

If Accu Weld was selling them for $1 each, I wouldn't buy them. I have sold a lot of AW and now all those people are out of a Warranty. AW went into bankruptcy and was bought out by a "Family own business". They kept the name Accu-Weld and even the 2900 as the series but anyone that bought windows before the buy out was out of a warranty. A Lifetime Warranty at that. Sound like Sour Grapes, That because it IS. Accu-Weld should be ashamed of themselves and I have told them so myself.

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

I was in a Lowes yesterday that had Accu-Weld double-hung samples in the window department. They also had a United sample. It also seems that the Local Lowes in the South Jersey area default to Accu-Weld for their vinyl garden windows. Yikes!!!!!!

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Just read in window and door mag that accuweld has become haddon windows. Boy are up and running pushing R%.
Buyer beware.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

anthony wrote:Just read in window and door mag that accuweld has become haddon windows. Boy are up and running pushing R%.
Buyer beware.
They have been calling on us in the last couple of months too.