Gorell vs Silverline Impact Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
greymac

Gorell vs Silverline Impact Windows

#1 Post by greymac »

Does anyone have any feedback on either of these windows? They were both priced about even but I have not heard much about Silverline. Thanks for any help.

HomeSealed

Re: Gorell vs Silverline Impact Windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Wow, that is like asking the same price for a Mercedes and a Kia. these two are not even in the same league. Gorell is one of the finest vinyl windows made, Silverline is near the bottom. If you are wondering what makes the difference, Gorell is superior in every single objective and subjective area, except perhaps being available at home depot. :mrgreen:

Mike58

#3 Post by Mike58 »

+1 on Gorell. Just had 17 double-hung windows replaced last month. I did a lot of research before deciding on Gorell and I'm very happy with my decision.

greymac

#4 Post by greymac »

Thanks for the info.

greymac

#5 Post by greymac »

Just had Gorell 5300 impact windows installed and could't be happier. We live on a busy street with a railroad crossing at the end of the street, our old windows(Cast iron single pane casements) we could hear people walking on the sidewalk. With the new windows we cannot ever hear the train. Incredible! :D

ranger

#6 Post by ranger »

Silver line make a low grade window . Not only do they look chep but they are one of the most poorly designed I have seen along with pella vinyl windows and Xact . These are typical " builders grade" windows that are sold to anyone looking for something cheap and ignoring quality.
Gorell on the other hand, is a well designed window . No comparison.