Newtown Slocomb vs. Simonton 5500

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
BLR

Newtown Slocomb vs. Simonton 5500

#1 Post by BLR »

I'm looking at two companies that are very well reviewed on Angie's List. The less expensive one wants to use Newtown Slocomb windows, which don't have particularly favorable comments on this board. But the price is very good (just under $6000 for 12 windows). The Simonton windows are about $1000 more with the other company. Does anyone know of specific problems with Newtown?

buddy110

Re: Newtown Slocomb vs. Simonton 5500

#2 Post by buddy110 »

I do. While I'm not a fan of Simonton they are a better choice. I've been to the Slocum plant, seen their windows and I wasn't impressed.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Have you considered getting a few more quotes? The short list of recommended windows you will normally see reads something like Gorrell, Okna, Simonton, Soft-Lite, and Sunrise.

I would like to see another window from this list in your comparative analysis. You might get a better window if you do so.

Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

Spooker87

#4 Post by Spooker87 »

The Newtown-Slocom is one of the best vinyl replacement windows....way better than the 5050 from Simonton. Simply look at the U-factor and SHGC.

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

It's one the very best windows for tool sheds and contractors in Delaware that are all trying to install windows for $200 a hole. The 5050 isn't that great of a window so what's your point Spooky?

Skydawggy

#6 Post by Skydawggy »

Spooker87 wrote:The Newtown-Slocom is one of the best vinyl replacement windows....way better than the 5050 from Simonton. Simply look at the U-factor and SHGC.

If that's what you think makes a good window, I shudder to think what other nonsense you tell your customers. I would put Newton-Slocom on an equal par with the Simonton 5050. I would put it way below the better Simonton Windows and far below the better windows by Sunrise, Okna, Gorell and Soft-lite.