Home Depot sells Simonton windows?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
toovicf

Home Depot sells Simonton windows?

#1 Post by toovicf »

Home Depot gave us a quote and said the windows they sell are Simonton but it doesn't say that anywhere in the Home Depot literature. Actually, he said they aren't supposed to tell people that Simonton is their brand. Can anyone confirm?

HipKat

#2 Post by HipKat »

Every brouchure I've ssen from Home Depot has American Craftsman, but that doesn't mean that's ALL they sell

FenEx

#3 Post by FenEx »

Simonton does provide HD's better product. They buy enough of them to be able to rebrand. If you are in love with that product, I'd strongly suggest researching local contractors that carry Simonton. You will more than likely get a better install at a better price. Good Luck!

FenEx

toovicf

Home Depot - Simonton

#4 Post by toovicf »

I am looking at Home Depot because their quote seemed reasonable. I just talked to the store manager and he said they rebrand Simonton windows.

have a picture window that is a collection of 6 windows and estimates have been from $3000 all the way up to $8300. Anderson Renewal was the highest and seemed like a great window but I don't believe they are worth $8300 either.

This board is an awesome resource...

Profx

#5 Post by Profx »

toovicf, If you like the simonton Home Depot carries, yes check with other local contractors to compare price. But if you want to go with home depot, ask to see references, and if you like the quality of work on the references ask to have the same installer, and have them put in on the contract. Should insure a good install if you check into it well enough. I hear a lot of bashing on this board about sub-contractors, I sub-contract and I also take PRIDE in my work, there are good subs out there, if youre going to spend 3-5000 dollars, research a little, and youll get the job youre looking for.

bones

#6 Post by bones »

What model of Simonton does HD install?? Is it the top of the line Simonton or their base model?

Bill

#7 Post by Bill »

Home Depot has both from Simonton

They have the:

Renovations 60/60 a single hung window the same as a ProFinish Builder with the fin cut off.

Renovation 6100 the same as the Reflections 50/50

Renovations 6500 basically the same as the Reflections 5500

Bill
Uneeda Window of NJ