Do you tip window installers - tipping $$ installers

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ilgirl

Do you tip window installers - tipping $$ installers

#1 Post by ilgirl »

Hi, what is the rule of thumb when it comes to tipping window installers? I know it is probably appreciated but not expected. But what would be considered a reasonable tip for replacement window installers putting in two days of labor (14 windows)? I know that one of the guys is on the payroll at the window company, the other is not.

Thanks.....

Skydawggy

Re: tipping $$ window installers

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

$20. each is pretty reasonable. They will appreciate anything you are willing to give them, not so much for the monetary value, but it's your way of telling them you appreciate them doing a great job. (assuming they did)

ilgirl

#3 Post by ilgirl »

Thank you so much for the recommendation!!!

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I agree with Eco.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Most do not tip so you are way, way, way far ahead of the curve.

Skydawggy

#6 Post by Skydawggy »

Many of our customers do tip. Our installers take it as a compliment as it says "job well done" to them. Many of our customers also will order a pizza.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

We had one client recently that gave $250 between 3 installers plus Pizza!.. But that one was very gracious. I do have to say, that the greatest tip that you can give to someone working in your home is just to be welcoming to them. We've had clients who've made us lunch daily, filled coolers with soda and water in the summer, etc, etc. That's the stuff that I really remember. :D

samantha77

#8 Post by samantha77 »

I agree with the sentiment. Our installers will come back to the office with a plate of cupcakes or treats every once in a while and you can tell they're happy. I think it's the recognition that their work was appreciated and the customer was satisfied more than the food, but something tasty at the end of a long day probably isn't so bad...