Alside Thermalmaxx model 0200 (Excalibur) windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Skydawggy

Re: Alside Thermalmaxx model 0200 (Excalibur) windows

#16 Post by Skydawggy »

customera1 wrote:I bought from my neighbor that works for them. They were right in line on price with the other companies that I looked at over a couple years of searching. Again, I am happy with what I have. My energy bills dropped about 30% and they look and function well.

Like I said, I know others that have them too, from the same company, and are also happy. So why the sour tone?

No sour tone intended. If you are happy with them, then fine. Unfortunately, anecdotal recommendations are not what people who frequent this site are generally looking for. They tend to ask questions about structural ratings, water penetration and air infiltration rates, types of spacers, glass options, whether it's better to use 181, 272 or 366 glass in their geographic region or even if they should consider a combination based on each elevation and it's relative geographic position. Some even ask questions on the different extrusions available and which manufacturers use which ones.

pontoonpilot

#17 Post by pontoonpilot »

I'd like any feedback I can get as I myself am considering buying some Thermalmaxx windows from the Window Store Home Improvements. Between reading this blog, talking to those who've had these windows installed, and doing some research online, I'm getting mixed reviews. Can anyone shed some OBJECTIVE light on how reliable these windows - and the company - are? Your sincere responses would be much appreciated.

HomeSealed

#18 Post by HomeSealed »

Pontoon, the feedback that you've read truly is objective. I can't speak for everyone, but many of us have sold/installed that product at some point and gotten burned, hence the universal "negativity" toward it. My largest and most ferocious competitor sells Sunrise windows. I don't try and cast them in a negative light because the fact of the matter is, it's a pretty darn good window. Softlite is sold by the second largest dealer in my market, but guess what? Again, it's a solid window. I sell Gorell because I've had the most positive experience with it overall... I could sell Alside if I wanted to, and probably even make a higher profit, but I choose to sell a window that I have more confidence in, and recommend as much, whether it is a window offered by my competitors or not.

pontoonpilot

#19 Post by pontoonpilot »

Thanks for the info! I just made contact to set up free estimates with companies that install Sunrise, Softlite, and Gorell windows. Hopefully, if I can get these estimates in the next couple weeks, I'll have enough info to weigh them against the company I know that will be giving me an estimate next week on the Thermalmaxx windows. All of you on this blog have been very helpful - wish me luck! Thanks again...

Skydawggy

#20 Post by Skydawggy »

Please check back in and let us know how it's going.

ranger

#21 Post by ranger »

The comments posted here are based on experience and nothing else. Although Alside products are widely available,there seems to be a consensus that their products are not well designed. Alside is a building supply company that manufactures and distributes vinyl siding and vinyl windows to thousands of contractors throughout the country. unfortunately,when you have a "building supply company" manufacturing windows,they are looking to keep costs down and tend to put yield over quality. Alside is a product that your run of the mill local contractor love because they can buy them cheap and sell them cheap. are they the lowest quality? no. in fact they are more preferable than silverline or pella vinyl but still,not a window i would install in my own home,particularly the excalibur.