Great Lakes or SunRise

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Lexusinmn

Great Lakes or SunRise

#1 Post by Lexusinmn »

I recently had some estimates done on my home for new replacement windows.
Great Lakes' estimate for 8 windows and two doors was $4600.
Sunrise's estimate for 8 windows and no doors was $4300. If I want doors, its an additional $2200.

Both companies pitched me their pros and cons for the products and of course tried to dissaude me from the other, so I am curious what the opinion of actual owners of these windows would be.
Before I go spending $5000+, I want to know what I am getting in to.
Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated.

searspro

#2 Post by searspro »

I can't speak for either of the companies you seem to have narrowed it down to. However, I can say, in Minn. there are some very good installers working for sears home improvement right now. If I were set on those other two companies, I would ask to see some other jobs in your area, and talk to those customers. I'm sure your salesperson would be glad to arrange something with his past satisfied customers. If not, I'd have to wonder what he's hiding. I have always said "the install is the key to a good investment" And service after the sale is also very important, warranty fine print and length, longevity of the company. these are things that I would check out. You can e-mail me if your interested in what Sears has to offer. Good luck!

HipKat

#3 Post by HipKat »

Warranty fine print?
Like the one for Certainteed i have here that tries to explain condensation and that a window that condensates is not warrantied?
Ithink Certainteed is a Sears window, no?

Bill

#4 Post by Bill »

Certainteed is not sold at Sears.

For most of the nation Sears is selling a good private label window from Simonton. Here in New Jersey they sell Alside Ultra Max.

Bill
Uneeda Window of N.J.

opy2545

#5 Post by opy2545 »

What type of Great Lakes Windows were they?? Don't know too much about the other window, but know that Great lakes makes good windows.