Simonton/Champion/Vytex/Soft-Light... help decide

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
MD_guy

Simonton/Champion/Vytex/Soft-Light... help decide

#1 Post by MD_guy »

Hello everyone.

I am currently looking to upgrade the windows in my house. Actually 18 windows and 3 sets of french doors, all with grids.

I have gotten 4 different quotes for four different brands and am hoping someone can help me sort things out.

1st - Home Depot (this was really just for the heck of it): 18 Simonton 6500 series for $12,885.

2nd - Champion: 18 Champion windows for $12,559. Campion - 2 sets of French and one single door for $10,783.

3rd - company called Unicorp: 18 Vytex "Prodigy" windows for $11,350. ProVia - 2 sets of French and one single door for $7,200.

4th - company called Central Roofing & Siding Co: First quoted me 18 Simonton 550 Reflections for around $10,850. Then called back and said that to compete with the other windows I am looking at (Campion and Vytex) they recommend the Soft-Light Pro for around the same cost $10,756. They said the ProVia doors would be around $9k (obviously higher then Unicorp)

I have done some research and most of the brands seems quite good, also the companies (except HD) are all highly rated on Angie's list. Any help in untangling this mess will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Last edited by MD_guy on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buddy110

Re: Simonton/Champion/Vytex/Soft-Light... help decide

#2 Post by buddy110 »

I believe Windows on Washinton is in your area. Why not give him a call. He's a resident guru here on this forum and he can help you

You can find him here
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4925

ranger

#3 Post by ranger »

you are fortunate to have Windows on Washington serving your area. he is one of the most respected professionals in the industry. i normally don't refer contractors but he is the exception.

MD_guy

#4 Post by MD_guy »

thanks guys, I will try to contact him directly... how do I do that?

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Click on the hyper link in Buddy's comment.
Then look at the second comment, under Windows On Washington click the "Get a Quote" button.

MD_guy

#6 Post by MD_guy »

Ok, thank you, will do...

While I am doing that, does anyone have any comment on the different types of windows that I am being offered?

ranger

#7 Post by ranger »

not a fan of any of those windows ,although simonton is ok . the soft lite is the best of that group. other brands that are high quality and recommended are okna and gorell.

kat12345

#8 Post by kat12345 »

Hi, hope you are still checking this old forum. Have you done you project? I am also in MD and looking at the same options - any post-project advice?
Have already contacted WoW and waiting for their reply

thanks