Regional Brands?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
dazed&confused

Regional Brands?

#1 Post by dazed&confused »

This is a great forum; I've learned a lot, however, it seems some of the lesser known, "better" brands are only regionally sold. I'm in South Central U.S. and would love to be able to make an intelligent decision on replacement windows. We've had a stream of sales professionals in our home and are totally confused. I'm begrudgingly replacing original wood windows on front of the house. The picture window is a huge 6' X 8' with individual panes. 4 across and 3 down. I would really like to have some opinions on an energy efficient, nice looking window that faces West. We've had 47 days of above 100 degree temps and the sun is baking us. ANY recommendations from South Central pros would be very helpful. My hubby is tired of me changing my mind. :)

Windows on Washington

Re: Regional Brands?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

What, more specifically, area of the country are you from?

Brand availability and recommendations can be very regional.

dazed&confused

#3 Post by dazed&confused »

Thanks for replying. Central Oklahoma. I have found a couple of Sunrise dealers and he's quoting me prices on Essentials..but really pushing Simonton. From what I've read so far, the sunrise is the better choice, correct? It seems to be few hundred dollars higher, but in the long run $300 - $400 isn't that big a deal. I realize it could depend on which style of window from each company, but it gets so darned confusing.

Our original wooden jam is in really good condition and his price doesn't include wrapping the wood. Is that a good or bad thing?

Thanks again to you and the other Pros...this has helped me and I'm sure others make intelligent decisions.

randy

#4 Post by randy »

Sunrise is the better window. Wrapping the exterior wood is not critical, if it's in good shape, and you don't mind maintaining it.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

+1

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

That is a solid window.