Replacing approximately 36 windows - Need Advice

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
amyl

Replacing approximately 36 windows - Need Advice

#1 Post by amyl »

We live in Indianapolis, IN and our house was built in 2000. The original windows used are Rockwell aluminum clad wood windows. Several have rotted and are failing now, others have mold. Please advise what brand, etc. are excellent windows windows for replacement - prefer to stay away from wood windows with cladding. Twelve windows in the basement are at garden level, so moisture is a problem. So many sales people selling the best brand, etc. So skeptical! We plan on staying in the home for 8-1/2 more years + until the home sells to relocate. Thanks for your advice!

PS We were looking at Pella Impervia and have heard various comments. :? :? :?

Windows on Washington

Re: Replacing approximately 36 windows - Need Advice

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

In terms of bang for the buck and great efficiency, you really can't beat vinyl.

I would not put cheap vinyl in though. Stay with a good brand of window and it will outlive you requirements by more than 2 fold +.

Most often recommended brands are going to be Gorell, Okna, Soft-Lite, and Sunrise.

randy

#3 Post by randy »

I agree with WoW, and would just add that among fiberglass windows, Pella's Impervia is not highly regarded with thinner walls and an overall flimsy frame, compared to the rest. In fiberglass, I'd look at Inline and Marvin.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

+3 to Randy and WOW's comments