input from a homeowner who HAS alside EXCALIBUR windows?????

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Momma H

input from a homeowner who HAS alside EXCALIBUR windows?????

#1 Post by Momma H »

hI, So despite the many negative votes against alside excalibur windows, I wanted to see if anyone on this forum who is not biased, has any input. I am not saying that the negative comments are correct or incorrect, I just need specific pros and cons. I would LOve to hear from someone who has these windows in their home. Help pleeeease!!

Windows on Washington

Re: input from a homeowner who HAS alside EXCALIBUR windows?????

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

One of my co-workers has them in his home strangely enough.

In 24 windows that are 4 years old, he has had no fewer than 6 seal failures if I am not mistaken.

Air leaks and general poor quality control.

My father in law has Sheffields in his home, that I installed, and they leak tremendous amount of air as well as have issues with the lift rail.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I have a customer who after I recommended two very good windows wanted Alside.
I put them in for him and within days he was not happy, he thought it might be the install, so had an independant window person look at them. The conclusion was that the install was very good but the windows weren't.
I can understand wanting evidence. But why when every one of says stay away do you need anymore than that.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Momma H wrote:hI, So despite the many negative votes against alside excalibur windows, I wanted to see if anyone on this forum who is not biased, has any input. I am not saying that the negative comments are correct or incorrect, I just need specific pros and cons. I would LOve to hear from someone who has these windows in their home. Help pleeeease!!
Momma, please realize that there is no conspiracy here. The reviews that you are seeing are based predominantly on experience. I installed that product line once upon a time, and I still get call backs on them. "They won't lock, they leak air, the glass is fogged" are some of the more common complaints. It is just a poorly designed and constructed product imho. Don't take our word for it though, inspect and operate a sample of that window and then do the same with a quality product like a Gorell or Sunrise or something like that. You'll see a major difference even when its brand new and actually functioning properly...... or..... use the search function on this site. You'll find plenty of unbiased homeowners , most of whom come onto the board and complain about them after they've already been installed.