hayfields or gerkin windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tweeker11981

hayfields or gerkin windows

#1 Post by tweeker11981 »

i am between hayfieds and gerkin windows, both are real close to the same. hayfieds have a better warranty then the gerkins but the gerkins have a lower air infilteration number, how much does that matter i am going with 4 sliders and 2 single hungs because that is what is in there and i like the sliders

id like help on the air infilteration thing!! and is the warranty that big a deal gerkin 10 years glass 5 years hardware hayfields 20 year glass and limited lifetime on hardware and vinyl

the air rates are

gerkin 6000 slider
.04 -.07 cfm/sq.ft depending on the size

hayfield 201 slider
.06 cfm/ft2 doesnt give a size

HomeSealed

Re: hayfields or gerkin windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

You will not see any difference in the AI of those two products, especially as the Gerkin is a range, both above and below the Hayfield. Very close either way. I think either one would serve you well, although I'd be inclined to go with the better warranty myself. 10yrs is not along time, nor is 5yrs on glass. Even if you like a feature or two of the Gerkins a little better, the warranty is a deal breaker imo.

tweeker11981

#3 Post by tweeker11981 »

I kinda agree on the warranty part to and its transferable to the next owners if I sell that could set the new owners at ease well at least It would to me..

I guess ill see if more people feel the same, thank you

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

I would recommend looking at the windows in person if possible. The Hayfield slider is a single slider, I'm not sure about the Gerkin.A-Craft windows in Minneapolis carries both of these lines.Both make good products.

tweeker11981

#5 Post by tweeker11981 »

i have looked at them both they a both singles thanks for the input!! i appreciate it