Stergis Sliding Patio Doors

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
duhhuh

Stergis Sliding Patio Doors

#1 Post by duhhuh »

Hello All
I am looking into buying a new sliding patio door ( vinyl in an out ) for the house to replace the original one that has seen better days. I went to a local lumberyard that is trusted and they recommended for the money to go with a brand called Stergis. (http://www.stergis.com/ )
I have done some online research and they are a growing company. I searched for reviews good or bad and nothing comes back as a negative. However, no one I know has ever heard of them.
Can anyone provide some insight into the quality of their sliding patio doors?
Thanks

EcoStar Remodeling

Re: Stergis Sliding Patio Doors

#2 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

I'm not familiar with that brand but I am curious about what makes you think it would be a better purchase than one of the more established brands like Sunrise or Softlite?

duhhuh

#3 Post by duhhuh »

I was looking at the options out there. Not knowing a lot about manufacturers of vinyl patio doors it was a research effort to see what the bang for the buck was on doors, knowing that the lowest price is not always the best value.

I am actually going with a Harvey Vinyl slider. ( Solid Vinyl Patio Door /no grids /Energy Star package <lowE glass and Argon> Multi point lock ) . I have used their products before and was always very happy with them. I checked their door out in the showroom and think that in the price range, it was a better option than some of the better known brands.

Thanks for the input.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Harvey seems to be a pretty well regarded brand and produces a solid product.

As long as the install in on point, you probably did fine by yourself.

ranger

#5 Post by ranger »

Harvey patio door is pretty good. The big problem is they use a vinyl sill and not an aluminum sill as most other quality brands do.
Their pationdoor is better than their windows which are average on a good day.