Jeld Wen price quote from home depot

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Olegw

Jeld Wen price quote from home depot

#1 Post by Olegw »

Would someone be able to help?
Yesterday I received a quote from Home Depot for one three panes (of equal size) window. Nothing special: it is "retrofit" vinyl sliding window, no grids. The size is 90L x 43H. It is for the apartment in the stucco building. The old window frame is aluminum, so I will leave it there and just slide in the new window.
The sales guy quoted me $943 for Jeld Wen window. Is it good price? I thought it would be no more than $500. The price is only for the window. If someone from CT would be able to suggest the place to get the quote from?
Thanks a lot.

Windows on Washington

Re: Jeld Wen price quote from home depot

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

That is a large window and depending on the installation data, not out of the realm of reasonableness for that price.

Do you know more about the install, materials, or window details?

$500 for a 133 United Inch 3-Lite slider with a cut out is not a normal price and especially given that it is one window.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

That is just for the window, without installation correct? Sounds a tad high but it depends on the window specs... If it is just white vinyl, you should be able to find a better window for less at a local supply house like Richards, ABC, or Allied.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

oops. :oops:

I missed the part about the materials. That does seem a tad high.

I would call on a building supply house if it were me.

Olegw

#5 Post by Olegw »

Thank you very much for your replies!

The price quoted was ONLY for the vinyl sliding "retrofit" window (3 panels of equal size). It is pretty much commercial grade window (as per Jeld Wen website) with bronze color outside and white from inside. No grills, argon filled with only middle panel moving to the right. I was shocked when I heard the price. I thought it would be at max $500. My expectation was that the cost will be no more than $800 along with installation but to pay $943 ONLY for the window....

I emailed couple of window shops around CT area but received no response or "...you are far away from us and it does not pay out to come over...." I guess they are busy in this economy....

I am going this Saturday to shop around.
Tri-State Window Factory?

P.S. I have aluminum window frames and it is stucco building. So we are not going to remove frames but install new vinyl window into existing frame.

I really appreciate your help.
Great website.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Bronze exterior can be costly.... I'd shop a few more options either way.

Olegw

#7 Post by Olegw »

Gents,
I have received one more quote from WindowRama for Marvin window (fiberglass).
It is $5 lower than the quote from HomeDepot for JeldWen window (vinyl) $942.
Can someone explain to me what is going on with pricing at home depot? How can Marvin fiberglass at specialized store be cheaper than JeldWen vinyl at HomeDepot (wholesale)???

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

I'm still trying to figure that one out myself, as obviously the Marvin is the superior product. HD seems to base their pricing upon each individual market. Around here, they are on the cheap end (like scary cheap), and then I see posts like from other regions of the country where they are extremely high... I don't get it. Totally inconsistent.