Seeking Replacement Windows advice in DC area

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
kat12345

Seeking Replacement Windows advice in DC area

#1 Post by kat12345 »

I am replacing builder wood windows in 1996 house. I am the first one in the community so it is quite annoying that I already have to do it. Also, love my wood windows and they don't leak or anything but according to my husband wood frames are quite rotten so his request is no wood whatsoever!

Anyway, got the following quotes:

Renewal by Andersen --- $18,556 after 20% discount
4 double hung, 33"/62"
One Huge window, consisting of double hungs, 2 - 29"/73" and 2 - 33"/73", plus 2 transom 33"/12"
1 picture 50"/50"
These are dual color (HOA requirement for exterior colors) canvass(ext.)/white with grid and price includes full frame replacement (some frames are rotten so we want to replace all of them).

Same project with vinyl Vytex Prodigy from another contractor was estimated at $8,925 with what I understand not a full frame replacement but just some repair. Dual color of white/cream. When I asked for full frame the contractor said that it would add $175-250 per window bringing the total to about $11K. Less expensive than Andersen but still a lot for vinyl!!!

Also considered Marvin Infinity but only got quote for one picture window at about $1600 and not clear on the frame - wat the full replacement included or not (was the first estimate - didn't know all the questions then)

Any advice on other comparable products? I would like something better than "cheap vinyl" look but paying $$$$ for andersen, which is still plastic seems too much.

Also, any opinion on Vytex Prodigy?